What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting in my chair, listening to the drips in the front veranda which is leaking because the snow is so deep on the roof there's an ice jam.

Had an ice jam in the kitchen last week, this week it's the front.

Can't do anything about it, neighbour's still away, handyman down with a nasty cold. My back is too sore to even think about it.

LOL - telling myself now that I'm back on the wagon (from holiday binges) it is not a good enough excuse to open a bottle of wine.... (darn it!)

Oh well, guess my pity party is over for now... finish putting away some groceries, go and get the pickaxe to chop the ice on the downspout by the kitchen and hope I don't miss and hit my foot!... :ohmy:

Sorry, guess this should be in vents.. but my excuse is that this is actually what I'm doing now. Thanks for listening guys.
Does someone have an extra room?... in Florida/Arizona/California? :ROFLMAO:
I have a nice comfy sofa.

I am missing my grandson. He has lived with us for the last 6 months. He graduated early from high school and got his own apartment. He has a good job and will be going to college this year. He comes to visit when he gets time. But i sure do miss having him living here.

Our cable/internet went out yesterday. Called Comcast and a technician showed up this afternoon. Turns out he was the little blond-haired kid who used to live next door 20 years ago! He's 22 YO now and towers over me (I'm 6'2").

I am missing my grandson. He has lived with us for the last 6 months. He graduated early from high school and got his own apartment. He has a good job and will be going to college this year. He comes to visit when he gets time. But i sure do miss having him living here.

JoAnn, I feel for you. I can never understand parents who say they can't wait till all the kids are gone. My daughter is not like that, but I do tell her to really enjoy and spend more time with her son who is a senior in high school. They are gone just too darn fast. I would give anything if my grandson could live with us. We live next door to a college. But he wants to go to one real far away. :rolleyes::(

One of our other grandson lives in The Netherlands, he has his own coffee shop so he doesn't get to come home but maybe every other year. We sure are very proud of what he has accomplished. You are so right about how fast the years go by.

I just finished frying up some Italian sausage in small chunks. Those will be going in the freezer for later use. I made the sausage mix last night. I tweaked the mix and really like how they came out.

Safe travels, Ross, and best wishes to the newlyweds. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding.

I'm enjoying modern conveniences. The dishwasher is cleaning the dishes, the washer is cleaning a set of sheets, and I'm streaming my Cleveland sports talk station while living 600+ miles away. Now if only someone would invent a machine that folds fitted sheets...

I don't come over to this thread too often …

Going to play Bingo with the Neighborhood-Gals a little later,
so I'm going to have to cobble together some sort of meal for DH soon :chef:

THAT's what I was supposed to do tonight. I got sidetracked getting home late and eating something. I was SUPPOSED to go to The B****'S Corner Bar and play BINGO.

Yes, that is the name of the bar.:ermm:

THAT's what I was supposed to do tonight. I got sidetracked getting home late and eating something. I was SUPPOSED to go to The B****'S Corner Bar and play BINGO.

Yes, that is the name of the bar.:ermm:

So how do you say the name in conversation? Do you fill in your version of a name the fits the spaces? I-T-C-H comes to mind as a perfect fit...

So how do you say the name in conversation? Do you fill in your version of a name the fits the spaces? I-T-C-H comes to mind as a perfect fit...

I get itchy when I forget something fun.:ROFLMAO::LOL: The bar is a block away from me, I could have walked and had a drink.

The sign spells it out on Main Street.

Last edited:
Just spent about 3 hours picking out an air mattress, and sets of queen-sized sheets online with my wife. What takes me 5 to 10 minutes to do on a computer, online, takes her 3 hours or more. I love DW, but hate shopping with her, whether at a brick and mortar, or online. We were supposed to be playing a game of Monopoly, that we just purchased so we could do something together besides watching the intelligence sucking boob-tube, but I should have known she'd get distracted. Oh well. Just more quality tie lost forever. When Monopoly is the best quality time you can get, well...

All things considered, I;d rather be tying flies. But then, we wouldn't be doing anything together.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Just spent about 3 hours picking out an air mattress, and sets of queen-sized sheets online with my wife. What takes me 5 to 10 minutes to do on a computer, online, takes her 3 hours or more. I love DW, but hate shopping with her, whether at a brick and mortar, or online. We were supposed to be playing a game of Monopoly, that we just purchased so we could do something together besides watching the intelligence sucking boob-tube, but I should have known she'd get distracted. Oh well. Just more quality tie lost forever. When Monopoly is the best quality time you can get, well...

All things considered, I;d rather be tying flies. But then, we wouldn't be doing anything together.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It's very important to remember the things that irritate you. In time you will wish for the irritation for JUST ONE MORE DAY. Something I have wished for, for almost two years.

Back
Top Bottom