What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
36 here at 8:20 am, wind chill 28. Woke up good when I ran out to get the paper this AM. Thankfully I had a nice cup of hot coffee waiting for when I got in.

Storm coming in. Not use to the snow coming in from the south east. It's blowing right in the cattle shed. They got a fresh layer if bedding a few days ago and will will get more as soon as the storm let's up. I like to see them covered in snow. That means they are warm. The snow acts like a coat. If they are wet they are cold. These are all Wagyu cattle.

Yesterday was really cold. Had to do some trucking. Had mechanical problems because of the bitter cold. Gotta love the back roads. No plows here. IMG_20200117_075755.jpgScreenshot_20200116-054700.jpgIMG_20200115_151151.jpg

I hope your cows stay warm, Jon.

We're just starting with our "don't go out if you don't have to" weather. It's only 14 degrees F, but with a constant wind of 23 (and gusts of 32 degrees) the wind chill brings it down to -5. So far, all our trees are still standing...

We've gotten 7" of snow so far but it's still snowing. 2 major interstates closed. SE winds at 20 mph. No relief in sight until Saturday night.

Cold and snowy weekend here. Snow should be starting at about 17h.

First screenshot is in degrees Celsius with international units of measure and the second is with US units of measure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Weekend Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Weekend Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_2020-01-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Weekend Weather Forecast - in US units of meas.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Weekend Weather Forecast - in US units of meas.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 73
It has been snowing since Friday--nothing like the dump in Newfoundland, but 10" and temps around 10F. Dad's thinking we should relocate to Corpus Christie for the rest of the winter. My vote is YES!

Okay, I do understand that it's all relative. But, "very cold" when it's above freezing. :ROFLMAO:

Currently -9°C (16°F). We don't consider that very cold here in Greater Montreal, QC.

I understand perfectly, I grew up just north of Buffalo, NY and as kids, we'd play hockey in our T-shirts when it was -25C/-12F degrees out but I have lived in the deep south for 45 years where the summer temperatures are often just below 45C/110F...

I understand perfectly, I grew up just north of Buffalo, NY and as kids, we'd play hockey in our T-shirts when it was -25C/-12F degrees out but I have lived in the deep south for 45 years where the summer temperatures are often just below 45C/110F...

I did it the other way around. I grew up in SoCal with summer temps mostly in the 90s F, but often in the 100s. The hottest I remember was the day we moved - it was 116°F. At least it was almost always dry heat. I think I prefer the climate here.

This discussion reminds me of this:

Attachments

• air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 74
It's very, very windy here today. Sustained winds in the mid to upper teens, with gusts nearing 40 MPH. I did see that we had a gust as high as 57 earlier today. Right now I'm as nervous as a nearsighted fly at a spider convention, what with all the tall trees in the back yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom