Word 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Is there any IT buffs here? Is it possible to convert all the old Word 2003 files into 2007? But I meann all of them, at ones. I have hundreds of recipe files and if I am going to seat and one at the time it will take for ever. Thank you.:(

Charlie, I'm not sure what you mean by 'convert them to 2007'. They are upwardly compatible, so you can open any or all of them in 2007 without any conversion.

What are you trying to do?

Yes, you are corect, they are competible, but i wouold like to convert/save them in 2007, so I do not have to do "save as 2003" every time I save one, or same goes when I have to open them. Plus there is a lot more editing options available in 2007.

If you have one open and you wish to save it just save it as 2007 and you will be done with that. There may be a batch converter somewhere but I would have to do some looking.

This link looks promising but this is something I just found with Google so use at your own risk.

Since I am computer stupid, I'd be afraid to use something that hasn't been tasted. And on the top of it I red the instruction and half way in I got completely lost. Thank you though.

I've never heard of a batch conversion utility.

Charlie, if you open an old document to edit it, you will have the 2007 functionality available to edit with as soon as you open it. Then when you save it, you save it as a 2007 document to keep all the changes you made with 2007.

I see no benefit in converting them all at once.

CharlieD--conversion takes place when and if you make file changes that the program thinks will not be appropriate for the original format. Just use as usual; if it asks you to save in the new format, do so.

Charlie,

I have Word 2008 for the MAC. It should be similar to Word 2007 for the PC. Usually, Microsoft updates Word for the PC then the next year, updates the MAC version.

So, looking at my version, I can go into Word Preferences and set how I want my documents saved. I can choose to save all documents as WORD 2008 or WORD 97-2004 or about a dozen other options as well. So I set it once and all my documents are automatically saved the same way.

Back
Top Bottom