Ya know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ya know, there's nothing quite like a head-cold and accompanying scratchy throat that will make me want to make a truly great chicken soup. (That's what inspired this thread).

Ya Know, Even though the snow is dirty looking as it melts away, with all of the sand that's mixed in from the snowplow, that same ugliness is just a precurser to the beauty of green plants, which are somehow more vibrant as their little shoots poke up fromthe ground, that will soon fill the landscape once more.

Ya know, a good marriage is worth more than any material thing in this life.

Ya know, the forest, the desert, the deserted beach, the flowing river or stream, they all have the capacity to rejuvinate, and calm the troubled spirit, as no other force has.

Ya know, if you are here reading this post, well, you just might be a foodie.

Ya know, I wish there was a better way to make a living than working for money.

Ya know, I like it here on DC.

Ya know, It's time for me to go.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

yep, yep it is.

Ya know, there is nothing like having the sun back in my bedroom early in the morning

ya know, there is nothing like hearing the cardinals sing again

ya know, there is nothing like mud season :LOL:

ya know, there is nothing like cleaning up all the dog poop from the winter and realizing there are plants actually growing under it

ya know, your right goodweed, a good marriage is worth more than any material things in life

ya know, I come to life in the spring for some reason

ya know, I love feeding the squirrels and birds ( mostly I get doves in pairs, and chicadees

ya know, I love seeing the ice jams on our stream and then watching it melt and float away

Geez goodweed, I could go on and on. Great thread ;)

Goodweed of the North said:
Ya know, I like it here on DC.

Ditto on the marriage thing. I got it right the second time and we've had more than 30 happy years together.

Add to the marriage "thing," the "kids" thing. We have 5 and are constantly impressed and proud of them. Plus, there's nothing to compare to being a grandparent. Still, I feel as though I'm too young for that even though there are 5 little grandsomebodies!

As for DC, what a delight! This site is truly a diamond when it comes to "ALL" boards on the Internet. I couldn't appreciate the management and monitoring of this site more.

Thanks, G'weed for the thread and your wisdom for starting it.

Ya know Goodweed, you are right about a good marriage.
Ya know,I love doxies and hummingbirds and all creatures.
ya know faith will pull you through anything
Ya know, DC friends always rally to your side, be it a good day or bad.
ya know,there is nothing like family they are first in all.
ya know, the soft sigh of a sleeping child is music to your ears.
ya know, memories, keep loved ones here and away, close.
ya know, all small children are like jewels in a crown.
ya know, life is too short to frown, so smile.
ya know, I could go on and on:rolleyes: but I think it's time to call it a day.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Ya know Goodweed, you are right about a good marriage.
ya know faith will pull you through anything
Ya know, DC friends always rally to your side, be it a good day or bad.

kadesma

What a lovely thread Goodweed and how true what all of you have said.
I'm going to save it to read again on a 'down' day.
What really warms my heart is that faith and love are so valued here.
On the last Forum I belonged to there were those who delighted in mocking any mention of faith in God.
Thanks again.:)

ya know, I love all the above 'ya knows'.

ya know, there's not many things cuter that a dog laying on his back basking her tummy in the sun.

ya know, it feels really good to come home from a doctor's appointment with a clean bill of health.

ya know, I love waking up to the birds chirping a fussing over the feeders.

ya know, I'm taking care of some puppies and the smell of puppy breath is wonderful.

ya know, staying light until 8pm is the bomb.

Ya know, DH being given almost a clean bill of health is indescribably wonderful.

Ya know the skies here, in the early morning and the evening are breathtakingly beautiful.

Ya Know...

there`s Nothing better than being the Daddy to my Daughter.
Nothing better than exploring the Mysteries of the universe.
Nothing better than than sitting in this Lab 1`st thing in the morning when the suns out and deciding what to Do with the day.
and the latest is and this beats all, is seeing my daughter Smile and Laugh while I put a toy on top of the desk and make it move with a magnet underneath :)

to see MAGIK!

Ya know...I really like this topic because it makes me really appreciate my family and friends!

Ya know... I really hope your cold is doing better today Goodweed!

YT2095 said:
Ya Know...

there`s Nothing better than being the Daddy to my Daughter.
Nothing better than exploring the Mysteries of the universe.
Nothing better than than sitting in this Lab 1`st thing in the morning when the suns out and deciding what to Do with the day.
and the latest is and this beats all, is seeing my daughter Smile and Laugh while I put a toy on top of the desk and make it move with a magnet underneath :)

to see MAGIK!

Ya know, being a Daddy is the best thing a man can be. It makes you feel like you need to be better, for your daughter, son, or whoever counts on you for life.

Ya know, I like the way you think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom