ISO milanesa steak ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I picked up some milanesa steaks at the store today. Never heard of them before so did a google search. Every recipe was for breaded fried steaks. That's all fine and good but was wondering if I could just broil or fry them up either whole or in strips and use them in a sandwich like Philly steak sandwiches. From the recipes online, they look like schnitzel or chicken fried steak depending on what spices you add to the breading. Thanks!

Milanese is a breaded cutlet. The breading is heavily loaded with parm cheese. Did you get breaded steaks or just thin beef cutlets?

It's just the beef. Thin top sirloin according to the package. They also had thin pork loin. The store seems to be getting a lot more ethnic foods from the Latin areas recently.

I don't see why you couldn't cook them those other ways. You could also slice them into strips for a stir-fry.

Stir fry is not a technique I'm very good at! I've tried it several times and I think my stovetop (electric) just doesn't get hot enough to do it well. I had my son try it here (he used to cook Japanese hibachi style) and he thinks the same. I'm thinking I may try to make Philly steak sandwiches with them and see how that goes. I know I can pick up more and do the schnitzel/chicken fried steak/milanese another time.

as andy mentioned, alla milanese is simply a seasoned breaded cutlet, usually served with lemon wedges.

milanese isn't really latin (as in latin american countries), but rather from milan, italy.

you could pound the crap out of them so they're really thin and make beef brasciole, or jaccard them to make minute steaks for sandwiches, or marinade them for bulgogi.

Bucky, the reason I pulled in the latin regions is that most of the recipes I found online were from Argentina and Mexico. I didn't think about Italian dishes with them but I can see that now that you mention it.

Palomilla steak! Serve with yucca con mojo or black beans and rice. Maybe some maduros!:yum:

Back
Top Bottom