Need sauce for pork ribs..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Entertain4Fun

Assistant Cook
Hi there, I made some ribs last week by baking on low heat for 4 hours in a pan with some water. Then I brushed with sauce and broiled. They were really good, but I DIDN'T like the sauce. It was a sauce made with catsup and chili sauce. I'm trying to replicate some ribs I've had before, but don't have any idea where to start for the sauce (it wasn't BBQ'ish)

Therefore, I need some ideas of what you guys use for sauce on pork ribs.

Thanks!

look under Sauces & Rubs. I have posted a number of recipes there. I'm sure others have posted some as well.

You could make a dry rib(without sauce) and just put a rub on them as well.

What type of sauce do you like?

Rainee, I did a search and found Kentucky Country Ribs, this sounds more like what I am looking for, I think you may have posted it! Thanks!

1/3 cup bourbon whisky (or apple juice)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce-regular or low salt
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

If you are sugar challenged, like me, you can use Splenda and mollases in place of the brown sugar. My basic barbecue sauce borrows heavily from ready made sauces. I use a combination of tomatoe sauce, Splenda, mollasses, onion powder, prepared yellow mustard, A1 sauce, Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce, and ground pepper. You can also add rice vinegar.

Another great sauce for pork is to make a simple Terryaki Marinade, and add Splenda, Brown Sugar, minced onion, and crushed Pineapple. You can then turn that into sweet & Sour by adding white or rice vinegar, and ballancing the sweet/tart flavor to taste.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom