Hello, I'm new here and I think this is going to be a great place for me! m

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillyG

Assistant Cook
My name is Jill... I am a total cooking junkie. I'm 43, married to a man who thankfully appreciates my love of cooking and is my biggest fan :chef:. I have three kids, two girls 10 and 8.5 and a 7yo boy. They are NOT adventurous eaters, though my oldest dd is beginning to try new things these days.
I like to think I am an excellent cook but I know I have a lot to learn from others, too. I have looked around this site and i am impressed with the vast amounts of experience and knowlege of cooking and also the overall passion I sense from so many of you!

My favorite foods are generally ethnic and/or spicy and often labor intensive - I am an at home mom and I find the whole process of cooking to be therapy for me - I turn on the music and just go!

Now, when it comes to BAKING, well, I am a novice and I do mean NOVICE - OMG I think I have a black belt in baking actually- not in a good way. I have been working on bread baking for months now and I am in the process of making the NYT no-knead right now - it's resting and I'll bake it tomorrow, we'll see.

Anyway, I really look forward to hanging around here and learning and sharing!

Hi Jilly!!! Welcome to DC.... I like spicy food myself, however DH can't handle it!

Welcome! Glad you found us, sounds like you'll be right at home!!:chef::)

We have a thread somewhere not far back on cooking for picky child eaters, I'd love to hear some of your ideas!

Hi Jilly. I'm also a newbie here. I'm sure you know a lot of spicy recipe because it's your favorite, I hope you'll share some of it. My husband loves spicy foods too and I like to cook something new for him.

Back
Top Bottom