Another use for a Foodsaver, or other vacuum sealer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
Today, I used my Foodsaver for doing something that I've used it before a number of times - keeping non-food items from drying up, keeping them as good as new, until needed. This time, it was some Sharpies - I had just opened a box of a dozen (I use these a lot, marking things in my workshop and garden, so I buy them in large packs), and took 3 out, and Foodsavered the rest. Sharpies keep fairly well, but eventually dry out, but not this way! I also do this with Gorilla Glue - the polyurethane glue that goes bad fairly quickly, just absorbing humidity out of the air, even though they have caps on them - learned this the hard way! Using this method, I have never wasted any.
Another use for Foodsaver - keeping Sharpies, and similar items from drying out. Will stay fresh for years. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Dave, I can see how this will help sharpies.

Glue, super glue, goes bad so fast I buy it in 10 packs. yikes.
Another thing that goes, masking tape. It peels well but once it dries out, it shreds easily and I use a lot of masking tape.

What comes to mind for me is art supplies. Especially acrylic pens, the kind that have paint in them, used for painting. We use them occasionally for decorating pumpkins, or drawing outlines on landscape fabric in the spring. When the seals are opened, they begin to degrade and they can't come back from dry because acrylic dries and can't be rehydrated.

Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom