Hi, Dave. I hope this doesn't sound too picky, but in order to recommend the right tool for the job, we need to be clear on what the job is
"Cut" is pretty vague, so let's use these terms:
- slice - like for potato chips or onion rings
- chop - cut roughly into a fairly uniform size
- dice - cut into cubes of a specific size (large, medium, small) - more precise than chopping
- shred - like for pizza cheese or potatoes for hash browns
So, I don't see a slicer/dicer attachment at the KitchenAid site; I see a slicer/shredder: KitchenAid® Rotor Slicer/Shredder
. This won't dice or chop.
The food chopper you linked to - KitchenAid® 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
- will chop, but not slice, dice or shred.
A food processor, on the other hand - KitchenAid® 7Cup Food Processor
- will chop, mix, slice and shred. This can be used to make dough, hummus, salsa, etc. There are larger, more expensive ones that have a large bowl and a small bowl, can slice different thicknesses, etc.
So your decision depends on the kind of cooking you do, or want to do in the future. I think they're all easy enough to clean, so I don't think that's an issue. Hope this helps.