Microwave verdict, safe or unsafe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The setup is key. You have a recliner in front of the TV. Next to the recliner is a small dorm fridge. On top of the fridge is a microwave. Viola! You never have to go to the kitchen! This is especially helpful with sporting events where the commercial breaks are shorter. No need to thank me.

I just push the PAUSE button, get up and do what needs doing, then return and push the CONTINUE button. I can usually catch up with the original program by fast forwarding through the commercials.

...or just do this....

Attachments

• beachers-large-flat-screen-tv-new-kitchen-table.jpg
    beachers-large-flat-screen-tv-new-kitchen-table.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 223
The setup is key. You have a recliner in front of the TV. Next to the recliner is a small dorm fridge. On top of the fridge is a microwave. Viola! You never have to go to the kitchen! This is especially helpful with sporting events where the commercial breaks are shorter. No need to thank me.
But where is the coffee pot?

Every once in a while I hear someone say that cooking or heating things up in a microwave oven is unhealthy especial for a baby.

I have been using microwaves since they first came out and I am still alive and healthy. So I don't see much merit in these claims.

The only hazard I can think of is getting the food too hot.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Joe

Well Joe, this is a little outside my wheelhouse, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't warm up babies in a microwave.

Every once in a while I hear someone say that cooking or heating things up in a microwave oven is unhealthy especial for a baby.

I have been using microwaves since they first came out and I am still alive and healthy. So I don't see much merit in these claims.

The only hazard I can think of is getting the food too hot.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Joe

You certainly do not want to put a bottle with a nipple in there. It will surely melt or at best get extremely hot and burn the poor baby's mouth to bits. It will be months before the kid can ever nurse. But I will say, if the kid is older, it is a great way to break the kid of the bottle. :angel:

You certainly do not want to put a bottle with a nipple in there. It will surely melt or at best get extremely hot and burn the poor baby's mouth to bits. It will be months before the kid can ever nurse. But I will say, if the kid is older, it is a great way to break the kid of the bottle. :angel:

Okay then, causing deliberate harm to your child, possibly necessitating a trip to ER or doc's office for mucous membrane burns, especially since they heal slowly and tend to get infected. Oh yeah doc, it happened because I was trying to break my kid of the bottle. Good way to get arrested for child abuse. :rolleyes:

Do people still use bottle warmers? The comment about putting a bottle in the microwave reminded me of DD and SIL with the first granddaughter. GD came a little earlier than planned so it took me about a week to get there so I could help. SIL's family was local and were there on and off but apparently none of the older ones were there at bottle time. DD didn't breast feed so GD was on formula. First time I fed her, DD brought me the bottle and I automatically checked it for temp. It was straight out of the fridge cold. Asked DD why she gave me a cold bottle and she looked at me kind of funny. I asked don't you know you are supposed to warm them to body temp? Answer was no, nobody every told me. I asked her why she thought she had been given a bottle warmer..... Surprised that kid didn't have tummy issues.

Okay then, causing deliberate harm to your child, possibly necessitating a trip to ER or doc's office for mucous membrane burns, especially since they heal slowly and tend to get infected. Oh yeah doc, it happened because I was trying to break my kid of the bottle. Good way to get arrested for child abuse. :rolleyes:

It was said in jest! :rolleyes:

Do people still use bottle warmers? The comment about putting a bottle in the microwave reminded me of DD and SIL with the first granddaughter. GD came a little earlier than planned so it took me about a week to get there so I could help. SIL's family was local and were there on and off but apparently none of the older ones were there at bottle time. DD didn't breast feed so GD was on formula. First time I fed her, DD brought me the bottle and I automatically checked it for temp. It was straight out of the fridge cold. Asked DD why she gave me a cold bottle and she looked at me kind of funny. I asked don't you know you are supposed to warm them to body temp? Answer was no, nobody every told me. I asked her why she thought she had been given a bottle warmer..... Surprised that kid didn't have tummy issues.

I nursed all five of my children. I was surprised at just how warm mother's milk really is. When it came time to slowly switch them to a cup, my oldest didn't like cold milk. Had to bring it at least to room temp. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom