Summertime Cookouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookinBlues

Assistant Cook
Has anyone had a cookout at their home yet with lots of people and food? Those are the best. We did a small gathering at my house on the 4th and grilled shrimp, fish, chicken, burgers, and links. Next time I'd like to have a different variety of things to eat.

I have had one here at least once a month and then another weekend out of the month we have it at anothers house.

My last one I provided all the food:

BBQ Chicken
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Italian Veggie Salad
Corn on the Cob
Green Beans w/ Bacon & Onions
Deviled Eggs

I think that was it. Usually though the host provides the meat and makes one side and the guests each bring a side.

I like having a Mexican themed gathering too.....everyone always enjoys those also.

I had a small Crawfish Boil early in the summer....Check out recipes/ideas, etc for Crawfish Boil, Low Country Boil, Frogmore Stew. You could adapt to your local area!

Have Fun!

We have them about every other weekend here.... always my inlwas.....all spur of the moment.
I think those are the best suprises, when they call and say, we're coming up to play, and MIL and I usually run off to the store when they get here.
Won't have time for another til Labor Day, going to my parents this weekend. Not quite as fun. :(

I haven't had a BBQ or cook out here in over 10 yrs . Last cook out was last year , when oldest son remarried. They had the wedding and reception at their house.

I've never done the Crawfish idea, but that sounds like a good one. I'd use links, brats, hot dogs, and set out different condiments. you can also serve fruit and sides likes beans and potato salad. Yummm :D *the hot dog bar idea is under the menu section of the site

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom