Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tapatalk_1446982178_400x390.jpg

Pretty damn close!

"In culture The Carolina wolf spider (H. carolinensis) is the official state spider of South Carolina, designated as such in 2000. South Carolina is the only U.S. state that recognizes a state spider."

Actually I had heard of Wolf Spiders a long time ago but didn't know a lot about them other than being huge. Then a friend recently told me of a trip he had taken to Virginia camping and riding. Putting up their tent the first night involved listening to several heavy thumps landing on their tent.

Needless to say they, much to their dismay, discovered their first encounters with the Wolf Spider. LOL - glad i didn't go on that trip!

Spiders don't really bother me. In my house we have an understanding. You live in the basement, I live upstairs. You come up... you die. You stay downstairs, I leave you alone.

Pretty damn close!

"In culture The Carolina wolf spider (H. carolinensis) is the official state spider of South Carolina, designated as such in 2000. South Carolina is the only U.S. state that recognizes a state spider."

Actually I had heard of Wolf Spiders a long time ago but didn't know a lot about them other than being huge. Then a friend recently told me of a trip he had taken to Virginia camping and riding. Putting up their tent the first night involved listening to several heavy thumps landing on their tent.

Needless to say they, much to their dismay, discovered their first encounters with the Wolf Spider. LOL - glad i didn't go on that trip!

Spiders don't really bother me. In my house we have an understanding. You live in the basement, I live upstairs. You come up... you die. You stay downstairs, I leave you alone.
I don't mind most spiders. The rule at my house is that if you kill a spider, you have to eat it. I used to have cats and I like house rules to apply to everyone as equally as possible. But, I don't want to be surprised in my own home by a spider that big. I don't mind snakes, especially smaller ones. Heck, I even had a pet boa constrictor. But, I wouldn't want to meet something like the snake in that picture at my front door.

Pretty damn close!

That explains why I don't camp in tents, either [emoji1787]

This is how I camp ;)
20201121_112505.jpg

My dad had a pet boa constrictor when I was a kid. I remember taking the skin to school for show and tell one day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom