Tikka Masala curry with yellow rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
A cheat curry as Pataks sent me some of their Tikka Masala sauce to try, and it's a lovely soft curry , but I am a fan of Pataks anyway . I do curries from scratch too but this was a perfect cheat for a busy day. I did it in the slow cooker then made some yellow rice with a few toasted almonds to go on top . I used skinless boneless chicken thighs as I find they are much more moist than using chicken fillets .

image-1222307162.jpg

Good Morning, Can I bug you for some pointers?

And thank you for sharing. You mentioned in your post that you usually do curry from scratch... can you share some recipes or points? I have tried a couple of things, including coconut milk with turmeric. Chicken broth. But every single time my dish feels that it is missing something. I'd love any pointers!!

Can you share the yellow rice recipe too, please? =) I imagine it's tumeric that gives it the lovely color, but am curious about what else you add.

Thanks!
<3 Z

That looks lovely GQ...we too love Pataks sauces :)

We use them if we need a quick dish and make curries from scratch when we have more time :)

Is there any suggestions for making this with out heavy cream bit getting the same results? (Pretty much the same, I mean). I live Indian food, it does not love me. :(

I suppose you could try evaporated milk, but to get the proper creamy texture you would have to use, well cream.

What is it about the cream you object to, or that bothers you?

You could make it without, the gravy just wouldn't be creamy.

I suppose you could try evaporated milk, but to get the proper creamy texture you would have to use, well cream.

What is it about the cream you object to, or that bothers you?

You could make it without, the gravy just wouldn't be creamy.

The lactose part :ermm:

Hmmmm I had not thought of coconut milk for this dish.

Ah, if lactose is the problem then evaporated milk is no good either.

Coconut milk isn't normally used but I don't see why you couldn't use it. I'd suggest trying full fat coconut milk or even coconut cream - you may need to experiment to get the amount needed.

It should fit right in with the style of cuisine, too.

Can you share the yellow rice recipe too, please? =) I imagine it's tumeric that gives it the lovely color, but am curious about what else you add.

Thanks!
<3 Z

I think it is not turmeric, in India we add saffron to colour the rice. For the aroma add powdered 'garam masala' , garam masala is a mixture of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, mace, white cumin seed.

Back
Top Bottom