Recipe for the yoghurt sauce they have in curry houses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cook4984

Assistant Cook
I did a search for yoghurt suase curry in google but not sure Im finding the right thing. Is it called raita or something else?

It is that very mild tasting dip you get with curries that really cools down hot curries. I think it is minty form what I recall.

Please advise. I just want confirmation of if that is in fact raita or not cos then i can follow the recipes i saw.

I must say that was just the ticket! I just made a batch and was a great success.

Since my older posts Ive always felt curry had something missing without any side dips to go with it. I was unhappy with using mango chutney due to sugar content so this really takes the cake!

Healthy and really tasty.

I have some super hot curries coming from ebay so Ive got this waiting in the wings to cool the fires once they arrive :cool:

Its like I read someone say online it is great to refresh the pallet between bites so a lovely contrast as well as dousing the flames :P

Now I still have to solve the mystery of finding of tasty pasta dish which is also wetish and doesnt contain cheese. Been really stumped by that too.

During the heat of summer in Pakistan the cooks would also serve a yogurt drink that at first was weired but grew on us. They would thin yogurt with water and add salt.

Defiently not as refeshing as rahita but when you have been in the heat all day it was just what the body wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom