1000+ cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS, you are such a sweetness, you make me smile!

Don't need any cookbooks, but what a nice thing you're doing!

I'll be going with option 5- I'll make a point to make up a casserole the next time I know of someone who could use it. I did make a recent contribution to our animal shelter because I was inspired by the emaciated young cat I rescued over the winter. Found a great home for him where he has since doubled his weight, had his shots, and been neutered. He is probably about 8 months old now and the family sends me periodic pictures and updates. They named him Sylvester :)

image-1283496945.jpg

Good for you for rescuing the cat--and for planning to make s/one's day brighter. I'll be going down to NY state in about 2-3 weeks and will send it then.

I got 2 luminarias in CWS's name for the American Cancer Society and sent a case of cat food to the local no kill shelter.

In exchange for the postage cost, I ask that you:

(1) make a donation to your local food bank, dog/cat rescue facility or humane society or wildlife rescue;
(2) give time to a neighbour/friend/co-worker who is going through a hard time and could use some help with the lawn/garden/house
(3) volunteer at the food bank/senior center
(4) do something kind for a stranger
(5) bring some soup/baked goods to someone who is having a hard time (even if this person is s/one you don't know)

I volunteered and painted the walls at the local Women's Resource Center (which I am very passionate about), hope this counted towards your very generous gift. :)

The suggestions were just that--suggestions. This is a "pay forward" activity. You get one of the cookbooks I don't want, do something positive to "pay forward" for receiving it. I still have cookbooks unclaimed. I'd like to share them with DCers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom