A question about induction stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although the induction burner will not remain hot when you remove the pan, you still have to turn it off.

Beeping is the common behavior. It alerts you that your pan is not magnetic or that the pan has been moved from the burner area. It will normally resume heating if you return the pan to the burner so it's not really an interruption for those off heat additions and such.

I think it depends upon the manufacturer of your unit. Mine, being a "freedom" model (it doesn't have burner areas), just turns that "pot" off after it is missing for too long.

Does it sound an alarm (or something) if you take the pot off? and the unit still on?

If it doesn't have any burner areas how do you have a pot at a boil in one place and then a pot on simmer beside it?

Does it sound an alarm (or something) if you take the pot off? and the unit still on?

If it doesn't have any burner areas how do you have a pot at a boil in one place and then a pot on simmer beside it?
I don't think it does. It does sound an alarm if I turn it on and then do not select a temperature...it beeps and turns off.
For the burner area things, magic, I guess?
smileys-witches-226555.gif

Each coil has a magnetic sensor. When you put a pot on the stove detects the shape and location of the pot or maybe a griddle. Then it groups those activated coils into a single "burner" with one control. Until you turn it off or reset it.

I suppose if the pot were only partially on a sensor and coil and you later put a pot right next to it, that spot on the pot would receive the heat level of that already assigned coil. But that might be harder to do in practice than theory

Are you explaining the Freedom Induction? There are no coils...just lots and lots of magnets. The magnets start spinning to do the "magic". And you can move is around and it "knows" that pot and keeps its setting for that pot. One can place the pots pretty close together...but that's not too convenient for working with them?

But, my favorite part is clean up. Takes no time at all.

Back
Top Bottom