By far the best one I've ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nestlund

Cook
The cheese was to die for.

image-749156982.jpg

image-4237353750.jpg

image-2122350260.jpg

Next time try stabbing around the crust with a fork so you don't get those huge bubbles. Looks yummy tho!! I love pizza!

Anytime I have made pizza, I roll the edges thinner than the rest of the dough for that very reason. Nobody in my family like a thick crust. :ermm:

I love big bubbly crust! I am a crust person anyway. I like it thin in the middle and puffy around the edge.

bakechef said:
I love big bubbly crust! I am a crust person anyway. I like it thin in the middle and puffy around the edge.

I love the crust too- I always make it thicker at the edge, but stab it so it doesn't get big uneven bubbles. I used to work at a pizza place, where I learned this :)

I love the crust too- I always make it thicker at the edge, but stab it so it doesn't get big uneven bubbles. I used to work at a pizza place, where I learned this :)

Yeah, it promotes even cooking, and a better end result.

Also, when spreading out the cheese, heavier on the outside as it melts to the middle. makes for a more even distribution, and helps the center to crisp'n up, so you don't get a droopy slice.

OP, have you considered a stone, v. a screen? Fun to play around with, and you may prefer the results.

Looks great at any rate. You know what they say, Pizza is kinda like making love, even when it's "bad", it's still pretty good.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I bake it directly on my stone. I use the screen so the bottom doesnt sog up. Im going for the big crust here. Its a little uneven because i didnt pop some of the big air bubbles that had formed in the outer edge. I only dock my crust when im making a thin/cracker crust. I classify this one as new york style.

For my cheese blend im using 50% mozz - 25% prov - 25% white cheddar

nestlund said:
Hi guys,

I bake it directly on my stone. I use the screen so the bottom doesnt sog up. Im going for the big crust here. Its a little uneven because i didnt pop some of the big air bubbles that had formed in the outer edge. I only dock my crust when im making a thin/cracker crust. I classify this one as new york style.

For my cheese blend im using 50% mozz - 25% prov - 25% white cheddar

Cool :) thanks for the info!

BEAUTIFUL!! I also love the big crunchy edge crust bubbles with a thin crust everywhere else .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom