Caloric Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I used the oven tonight and no CO alarms. Of course I had the exhaust fan running and only used it for 25 minutes, but that is a positive at least.

Or perhaps it was peach!

:chef:

Attachments

• Caloric.jpg
    Caloric.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 288
Should your fix only be temporary, (and we hope it is not) and you do find yourself looking for a replacement stove again try antique stores or private "collectors". I took a pic of this beauty when a private collector opened his "museum" to our car club(he had "old" cars too).
I realize it's not gas, but I am sure they are out there and some will be for sale.

image-366233065.jpg

If collectors don't have one for sale they likely know where to find them!

Last edited:
That is simply beautiful. I've considered that route as well. I love the light on my Caloric. If I replace it with something that has been rebuilt, I'd want the replacement to have a light.

In truth, other than just liking the stove, it gives us a lot. Storage, for one thing, which is seriously lacking in my galley kitchen. Another thing is that the kitchen cabinets and design were obviously designed around the stove. :neutral: There are other things, but those two items are significant.

I've found people who will restore stoves, but I have found none that are local. Getting the stove in and out of the house will be a huge challenge. I think our best bet will be to find replacement parts and do it ourselves. :ermm:

I do love the red stove though....if only it were gas. :mrgreen:

Should your fix only be temporary, (and we hope it is not) and you do find yourself looking for a replacement stove again try antique stores or private "collectors". I took a pic of this beauty when a private collector opened his "museum" to our car club(he had "old" cars too).
I realize it's not gas, but I am sure they are out there and some will be for sale.

View attachment 11906

If collectors don't have one for sale they likely know where to find them!

Thanks *grumble* for the lovely *grumble* picture. :LOL:

you've probably stumbled on most of these - the most promising is a restore service in Westchester County NY - the rest seem to be California types . . .

Caloric Range/Stove/Oven Parts In Stock | Same Day Shipping from RepairClinic.com
America's #1 site for restored vintage antique stoves and refrigerators
COLLECTIBLE detective - The Largest Vintage and Antique Guide on the Web
Antique Gas Stoves - Antique Vintage Stoves
Gas Stoves For Sale : Caloric Gas Stove

Stove Repair, Restoration, NY, Belgrove Appliance
( Westchester NY)

Caloric Stove

pick up used / scratch&dent cheapie - send off the Caloric for a restore restore... mebbe?

you've probably stumbled on most of these - the most promising is a restore service in Westchester County NY - the rest seem to be California types . . .

Caloric Range/Stove/Oven Parts In Stock | Same Day Shipping from RepairClinic.com
America's #1 site for restored vintage antique stoves and refrigerators
COLLECTIBLE detective - The Largest Vintage and Antique Guide on the Web
Antique Gas Stoves - Antique Vintage Stoves
Gas Stoves For Sale : Caloric Gas Stove

Stove Repair, Restoration, NY, Belgrove Appliance
( Westchester NY)

Caloric Stove

pick up used / scratch&dent cheapie - send off the Caloric for a restore restore... mebbe?

I've seen all but the last link! And it looks like my stove! I wonder whether they still have it or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom