Chefs who inspire you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, even though I quite like some of her recipes (Lydia Bastianich), I have her television persona to be a bit condescending, and she never gives ingredients or amounts! Now, that’s a fine way to cook if you’re gifted with a good eye and sensitive palate, but most of us watch cooking shows to learn (or gloat). Also, when she “answers” her audience’s questions it’s way to forced and scripted.

You think she is bad, try her son Joe!:mad: He is a complete A$$. I can't believe he is back on that Master Chef series with kids.

My preferred Great Chefs are 1) Luigi Carnacina, Italian grand chef, well known and beloved 2) Ada Boni - needs no introduction 3) Paul Bocuse Master Chef, Lyon, French, and one of the shining masters and founders of Nouvelle Cuisine.
To me they are awsome!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

One of the first chefs that I liked to watch when I got more into cooking years ago was Michael Lomonaco on some show by Epicurious. He just had an easy an familiar way about himself.

Speaking of guys that seem familiar, has anyone ever watched Mike Colameco's show? The older episodes were better. He did more cooking in them. His newer shows are more about interviewing other chefs, and eating with them.

One of the first chefs that I liked to watch when I got more into cooking years ago was Michael Lomonaco on some show by Epicurious. He just had an easy an familiar way about himself.

Speaking of guys that seem familiar, has anyone ever watched Mike Colameco's show? The older episodes were better. He did more cooking in them. His newer shows are more about interviewing other chefs, and eating with them.

He is an excellent chef, and excellent restaurateur. His restaurants are consistently highly rated, and money-makers.

He has also suffered more adversity than most chefs. Michael Lomonaco was Executive Chef and Director at Windows on the World, atop the North Tower of the WTC. He was in the lobby, having his glasses repaired on his way to the restaurant when the first plane hit the WTC. He was evacuated from the building. Everyone working for him at the restaurant at the time perished.

CD

BBQ Pitmasters, whoever is vying for first place on that TV reality show.

Do you prefer the season one or season two format?

BBQPM is another show I watched as entertainment only. I don't recall learning a single thing from that show.

I love BBQ, but don't like the rigidity of KCBS competitions, and more than a few KCBS competitors can be serious jerks to anyone who isn't "one of them."

I would love to spend some time with Chris Lilly or Aaron Franklin. They seem like guys who would share their knowledge with "lesser people," and keep the experience relaxed and enjoyable.

CD

That one reminded me of Martin Yan of "Yan Can Cook". He cracked me up back in the day. :LOL:

Same guy. He was on the one channel we could get at the lake. Always got a kick out of him and his flinging and chopping and his running commentary.

Martin Yan and Stephen Yan are not related in any way, except that Martin worked for Stephen back in the 80s.

It looks like Martin got his funny style from Stephen.

Well Swedish chefs, of course and you most likely have never heard of them . Cajsa Warg and Tore Wretman. Cajsa because her cookbook was such big part of the elder generations childhood and yes even if it was from 1822, we still cooked some dinner from it and at its time it was famous. Tore Wretman is modern day, he died 2003 and help put Swedish cuisine on the world map.

Well Swedish chefs, of course and you most likely have never heard of them . Cajsa Warg and Tore Wretman. Cajsa because her cookbook was such big part of the elder generations childhood and yes even if it was from 1822, we still cooked some dinner from it and at its time it was famous. Tore Wretman is modern day, he died 2003 and help put Swedish cuisine on the world map.

I am a big fan of Swedish Chef...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

CD :LOL::ROFLMAO:

caseydog: He terrified me as kid, he doesn't speak Swedish at all and I was partly deaf as kid and not understanding him at all just freaked me out and I couldnt understand why people was laughing. When my ear got fixed ( it was blocked ) and I got most of my hearing back, I did understand he didnt speak Swedish but I still never saw him as funny.

caseydog: He terrified me as kid, he doesn't speak Swedish at all and I was partly deaf as kid and not understanding him at all just freaked me out and I couldnt understand why people was laughing. When my ear got fixed ( it was blocked ) and I got most of my hearing back, I did understand he didnt speak Swedish but I still never saw him as funny.

You are apparently much younger than I am. The Swedish Chef was not a Muppets character when I was a kid. I was also never a Muppets or Sesame Street fan as a kid. Kermit and Ms Piggy were always the big Muppets stars, IMO.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom