Computer Clock Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
I've only had this computer since March and I just noticed my clock lost time again. This is the second time. The first time I noticed was several months ago, and it was off by 3 minutes. Today it's one minute.
Why is my computer losing time?

That usually means the battery that powers the CMOS is going and needs to be replaced. It's important because it keeps track of information the computer needs in order to boot up properly. They're pretty inexpensive and easy to replace if you've ever upgraded anything in your computer before. You can get the battery at Radio Shack, or maybe the big-box office-supply stores.

ETA: Just noticed you said the computer was pretty new, so this probably doesn't apply to your problem, but I'll leave the comment here in case it might help someone else :)

sorry don't know. mine lost a day. have you gone into control panel for your puter. just reset the time and see what happens. if still does it, ask tech. where you bought it.

babe:cool:

Some computer clocks are better than others. Same as for watches.

If you're running windows, double click the clock in the task bar. Choose the Internet Time tab.

Set the checkbox to automatically check internet time servers. You can pick Microsoft servers or NIST. I sometimes get errors in connecting to NIST so I use Microsoft. Click Apply.

It only updates the time once per day though.

Phil

Every time that hourglass spins around while your computer is wondering if you really know what you're doing.... every time that happens your computer loses .04 seconds.

:wacko:

Every time that hourglass spins around while your computer is wondering if you really know what you're doing.... every time that happens your computer loses .04 seconds.

:wacko:

Seriously?!?! OMG!!! My computer is always spinning an hourglass questioning my movements, lol. That explains it then!!

I just tweaked mine the other day because it was 3 minutes behind.

Wow...who would've thunk....

Seriously?!?! OMG!!! My computer is always spinning an hourglass questioning my movements, lol. That explains it then!!

I just tweaked mine the other day because it was 3 minutes behind.

Wow...who would've thunk....

Yes. Seriously.
The whole idea is to start getting the computer's clock to run fast.
:LOL:

Wait....I'm confused (which doesn't take a lot of effort when it comes to computers).

If the whole idea is to get the clock to move faster, why was mine slow?

Back
Top Bottom