Crazy Car Crash (with pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
This is one lucky person!!!

Attachments

• crash2.jpg
    crash2.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 222
Ohhh man! That's tight! All they have is that little girder to stop the cars!? That's rediculous. They'll fix that now, I hope.

GB said:
You could not pay me enough to go on that road Charlie!

I also have to remind you that that Bolivian road is not one way either... can you imagine if there was another truck coming on around that bend???:ohmy:

Oh boy, all those previous photo's are frightening :ohmy:

I used to pump petrol at the highest gas station in Europe. Here is part of the road I took twice a day during summer. Most of it does NOT have barriers as it appears in the photo. Scary stuff. Even more so when there had been a snowfall.
Cyclists love this road and it is often part of the Giro d'Italia cycle race.

Image:Stelvio.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used to tell my ex that I would drive UP hiway 1 but he could drive down - did not want to be on the ocean side of that for any amount of money. Now we live where there are narrow winding levee roads - a drop off into the river on one side and into a field of something vegetal on the other side. Not likely to find me on any of the roads pictured!!!!1:sick:

Harborwitch said:
I used to tell my ex that I would drive UP hiway 1 but he could drive down - did not want to be on the ocean side of that for any amount of money. Now we live where there are narrow winding levee roads - a drop off into the river on one side and into a field of something vegetal on the other side. Not likely to find me on any of the roads pictured!!!!1:sick:

This reminds me of Sheila and I going up north across the Mackinac Bridge!

She's usually in the passenger seat, so she doesn't want to be in the right lane and looking out over the drop down to the water below! Thing is, the middle of the bridge is grated (Not concrete or blacktop) for drainage, and she hates that too! :ROFLMAO:

It really makes for an interesting 5-10 minute ride across the old Big Mac!

John

No way could I even travel on that road. I remember when DH and I were on roadtrip through Tennessee a long time ago we went through these mountains and had to cross this bridge over some water. I cannot tell you how high up we were..........I was ready to hurl :sick: . Never ever again...DH knows next time he's letting me out of the car and he can cross the dagburn thing himself and come back and pick me up.

Lynan said:
Oh boy, all those previous photo's are frightening :ohmy:

I used to pump petrol at the highest gas station in Europe. Here is part of the road I took twice a day during summer. Most of it does NOT have barriers as it appears in the photo. Scary stuff. Even more so when there had been a snowfall.
Cyclists love this road and it is often part of the Giro d'Italia cycle race.

Image:Stelvio.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OMG, you have been there, Passo di Stelvio/Stilfser Joch!!!??? We were there, had wonderful holidays the last 2 summers (we stayed in Stelvio, but went all over Alto Adige/Val Venosta)!! We also took almost identical picture from the top lol!! We have seen all those mad cyclists huffing and puffing up and down while driving through the hairpins, actually we even saw one daredevilish biker wiping out right at the edge of a guardrail!! He must have been darn near a massive heart attack!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom