December 10 - Whatcha eatin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, oh, oh.... just remembered an appointment I can't get out of. Gosh-golly-gee-whiz... so sorry, cookieee, I can't make it. :whistling

Have been influenced by KatieH cooking of ground beef. Just happened to have some defrosted. So made a mix of onion (from the bottom of the vegie drawer) celery (same place) half a red pepper + another full one, 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup beef broth, thickened with corn starch. Just sitting now waiting for supper time.
Also took bliss' idea. Cooked 3 huge russets in the micro. Sliced up half of one and is waiting for the beef mix in a bowl for din-din later while watching the phone/tablet/laptop/TV - which ever one happens to work tonight. :ermm:

Orecchiette with Italian sausage, onions, roasted fennel, white wine and Pecorino Romano.
20231210_175816.jpg

Crack slaw! 🐷🐷🐷
This recipe?

IT'S DANG COLD HERE!!!
So I made a batch of real quick soup... I saw this on You Tube, Broccoli Cheese Soup
My addendums:
added probably a cup + of milk, way thick
instead of just 10 of frozen Broccoli, I used the entire 12 ounce package, chopped to bite-size
I had some pre-packed Carrot Match Sticks, add a huge handful of them at the beginning of the whole process, GOOD!
IMG_3437.JPG

This recipe?

Similar.

Fry and crumble 1/2 pound of hot breakfast sausage with a small diced onion and three or four cloves of minced garlic. Next, I add a 14-16 oz. bag of fresh coleslaw mix, 1 T ginger infused sherry, 3 T soy sauce, 1 T toasted sesame oil, 1 t chili garlic paste, S&P to taste. I cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 6 or 7 minutes until the cabbage collapses. I remove the lid and stir, cook another 3 or 4 minutes uncovered to allow any moisture to evaporate and serve.

Leftovers can be heated in the microwave.

Sometimes I swap out the cabbage for a can of drained and rinsed sauerkraut from the emergency shelf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom