Desert Snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister called from Apple Valley and said they had at least a foot or so of snow.
Apple Valley is where Roy Rogers had his Museum.

i am driving 4 hours tomorrow morning just to see snow. i love it! so many surprising colors and hues; not just white (or yellow you wise guys).

btw, great sig sierracook. my fav frost quote...

buckytom, I love Robert Frost. As for the snow, I have to work out in it tomorrow. I will think of you the entire time I am out there, freezing myself to death. ;) Methinks, that I will wear my flannel lined jeans tomorrow. I will send you pictures of the lovely white stuff. I should take out one of the snowmobiles and make it fun, but not enough work for that.

:shock: Got Snow? 8)

I do.
it's soooooooooooo cold.
rained then snowed then rained more.
snow stuck, now it's icy and freezilating out side.
but I have a cute avatar so who cares. chech him out on the left, isn't he a doll? :D
BIG OLD THANKS to you Mr. WayneT

Dove said:
My sister called from Apple Valley and said they had at least a foot or so of snow.
Apple Valley is where Roy Rogers had his Museum.

Dove, I live an hour from there and it snowed here too.
I went to Roy's funeral.
What a tearful day that was.

I miss the snow. We moved to Florida 7 years ago, and I still am not used to this climate. Hot, hot summers, especially. Our winters up North were too long, but 4 seasons is what I like. Maybe it'll snow in Virginia when we are there for two weeks at Christmas.

lyndalou, I missed the snow too when we lived in Florida. Hope we do get a bit of snow in my part of VA, but not too much. Everyone goes crazy, and the roads are bad enough around here already with the traffic.

LEFSElover, that baby is adorable. One of Santa's elves?

mudbug said:
noregeskog, I wanna see a picture of snow on a cactus. Call your SIL back and tell her to capture that for us!

I posted the pictures at Joshua Tree Snow Pictures, they are quite the thing to see. Surfboarding on a snowy hill in boxer shorts????

buckytom said:
i am driving 4 hours tomorrow morning just to see snow. i love it! so many surprising colors and hues; not just white (or yellow you wise guys).

btw, great sig sierracook. my fav frost quote...

Buckytom,

Sorry, there was no snow!! 2 weeks ago there was 3 feet where I am standing.

SC ;)

PB220009a.jpg

But here is what it did look like two weeks ago!!

PB050002a.jpg

Hi norgeskog.

Thanks for the lovely pictures you posted (other thread) of Joshua Tree. Can't believe all the years I've been here, haven't gotten there yet.

Heard about all that snow on the local (So. CA) news last night. Think some folks lost their power? I don't miss the snow at all. Glad to be where everyone's running around in shorts & sunglasses (even my UPS guy). I'd rather be cruising down Pacific Coast Highway with the top down. Hope they're all safe, as the news did mention driving with snow chains.

"It's just another sunny day...I Love L.A....we love it, we love it"
(Most of the time.)

Back
Top Bottom