Dinner for Tuesday, April 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I feel funny starting us off again since I'm not cooking tonight. We are going to have sea food tonight for my birthday dinner! :) Then Carrot cake for dessert.

What is everyone else having?

Roasted rosemary and garlic chicken breast, roasted asparagus and wild rice with saute mushrooms and onions.

Happy Birthday, Dave! Ask for extra frosting with that carrot cake:).

Well, I've been rummaging in my pantry. I've decided to make a good old- fashioned chicken noodle casserole with lots of cheese tonight. Comfort food. Maybe some good crusty bread and dessert is undecided as yet. Maybe just some Rainbow Twizzlers.:-p

I have some chicken enchiladas in the freezer and some Mexican rice in the fridge, so that will be dinner. I have half a jalapeno left over from last night, so I might chop that up and add it to the rice.

Happy Birthday Dave!
I don't really know..... something with chicken I think.

Going to make chicken fried pork chops, boiled potatoes, gravy, butter and soy sauce topped broccoli & cauliflower, and crusty bread.

Update this will be dinner tomorrow night when dh comes home from the lake (where our rv is parked). Thought he was coming home today !:ROFLMAO:

So its just me tonight - BLT and fries sounds good enough.

Last edited:
A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dave!!!!!

I think we are going to have good ole ham and scalloped potatoes tonight. I have to make a broccoli salad before the broccoli and grapes turn on me so I will either add it to dinner or have it for lunch!

This is the salad we're having - I made it last night too. I made pds Tomato Dressing and I must say it's so very light and refreshing; a perfect compliment to these delicate, edible flowers.

img_595862_0_326b4c1e2fa4e0ec28ebf15f1935583b.jpg

Have a wonderful birthday Dave!!

Shrimp and scallops in Bucky's garlic sauce. ( Thank you again Bucky!!!)

going to roast tomatoes with basil garlic and olive oil, (romas, halved, about 1 hr at 350) and about 15 min before they are done I will add a couple cod or halibut fillets (see what the store has fresh today). Then I will reduce the pan juices and monte in a little butter. serve over rice and zucchini.

oops, lol, i posted last nights dinner. tonight, i think, dw is baking sweet and sour marinated chicken leg quarters.

Last edited:
Carrot cake is my favorite!!

Beautiful edible flowers in your salad!

My mom made a fresh batch of chicken croquettes and fed-exed some to me on dry ice yesterday, so we will have chicken croquettes with mashed potatoes and buttered peas.

flower salad

That is one beautiful salad! It could be the center-piece at an elegant garden party or baby shower or bridal shower. Then guests eat it as part of the celebration. I don't know if I could convince my BF to eat flowers though. He'd probably give me one of those, "you've got to be kidding" looks.:LOL:

Sliced chicken breast, sauteed in canola oil, added chopped shallots, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, then cream of chicken soup, string beans, on top of cooked noodles.

Probably left-overs or something really quick. 2 work out classes tonight, not much time for cooking!

Happy Birthday Dave!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom