Dinner Sunday Jan. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Today it's going to be - Beer-Can Chicken, baked beans, candied yams, corn, cole slaw and baked potatoes. -

Last edited:
I am braising some duck legs - never worked with duck before, so wish me luck! I'm serving it with fresh rigatoni and endive salad.

Family dinner day has re-started after the holidays..Sooo, it's going to be for starters, some roasted chestnuts, and mushrooms also roasted with shallots,parsley,garlic of course,salt,pepper,in butter and then white wine, and a splash of brandy and then we will top some toasted baguette slices with the mix, bbq shredded pork on kaiser rolls, potato salad, a green salad with the roasted pears and some pecorino shaved on top, and scratch brownies and vanilla ice cream..Can't wait to have all the kids in a group again, instead of 2 or 3 at a time;)

kadesma

I'm home alone today - so leftovers or cereal most likely - a relief as I can concentrate on taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations.

a kind of Chili here tonight, it Was going to be the stuffing part of a chinese squash, but I really can`t be fussed to prep all that and I`m almost out of tin foil anyway.
so I`ll add some beer to it to cook out the rice that`s mixed in it and probably chuck in a can of canalini beans.

serve it with grated cheese ontop and a prayer :)

It's 2pm here and I'm clueless about what's going to be for dinner tonight. Nothing is defrosted, I'll check back here for ideas later.

We had our Dinner after church today. I prepared a pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots and had some baby lima beans and homemade bread. We haven't had any dessert, but kadesma's brownies are making me hungry for some. I may make some soon.

licia said:
We had our Dinner after church today. I prepared a pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots and had some baby lima beans and homemade bread. We haven't had any dessert, but kadesma's brownies are making me hungry for some. I may make some soon.
licia,
I got a copy of Cook's Illustrated in the mail and thumbing through it,aw a recipe for brownies from scratch..So, I made some, i've used the boxed mixes before as my gang aren't picky as long as it's swet:LOL: Well they never smell like chocolate nor have a big chocolate taste..So I made the ones from the magazine..My kitchen smelled like a chocolate factory, and when I tasted them the chocolate flavor was recognizable at once..I'll be making these again and often..Secret-6-oz. of chocolate instead of 4.
kadesma;)

I am with Licia...Our big meal on Sundays is at noon...Today was smashed tators...steak & gravy...squash casserole...green beans..biscuits/pear preserves.

Sunday night (supper) is "every man for himself".... fix what you want and clean up your mess!!!! But after a big noon meal...not much is needed!

Tonight is Pizza night here. Patriot's football game is on so no cooking here. Although Sunday is usually my favorite day to cook.

It's pretty nasty outside so I figure I'll make some sort of hot and spicy soup with rice, black beans, chicken, sausage and a variety of spices. That should hit the spot!

I want to eat with Alix - the weather is dreary and I want comfort food!

Out of necessity I need to cook my shrimp and diver scallops so it will be Thai food - coconut milk, cilantro, red curry, lemongrass, lime, whatever else goes in the sauce. Then I've got some bok choy and rapini I'll sautee in a bit of sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. I was going to make spring rolls but I bought wot ton wrappers versus spring roll wrappers - I feel sure they will still be fine though.

DH requested chicken and dumplings. So, it will be chicken and dumplings. LOL Veggies will be some english peas. Usually make cornbread to go with them but I have some dinner rolls that will have to do. Dessert will be heavenly hash that I made last night.

Husband - who has a whopping cold/cough - just wanted something fast. warm. & comforting. I simply sauteed a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut them into bitesize pieces & stirred them into a package of Zaterain's "Smothered Chicken" rice mix. Came out wonderful. Flavorful without being too spicy or too salty. Served with a small green salad on the side. Husband was happy, so I was happy. : )

a big day of eatin'.

i started out giving dw the morning off, so my boy and i went to the polish bakery, then the polish meat market. i've never seen so many ways to prepare a pig as in the polish meat market, called "the piast". dozens of different types of hams and sausages.
rye bread, poppy rolls, rugelach, and crumb cake from the bakery. the most incredible smoked ham and pressed/boiled ham, and an unpronouncable (to me) version of yellow "american" cheese from the piast. the smoked ham was incredible. it was so moist it almost dripped, and it had such a strong hammy and slightly smokey flavor. the cheese was the creamiest cheese that i've had since i was in ireland.

i don't think anyone does ham like eastern europeans. now i'm on to their cheeses.

after brekkie, we all went out furniture shopping (don't ask), then stopped off at a houlihan's for a really good late lunch.

we started with spinach dip and cheesey lavasch triangles. next up were soups:cream of potato and french onion. then we both had the seared ahi tuna over a banana/wasabi-soy/cashew/shredded iceberg lettuce salads. the boy had chicken fingers, fries, and some stuff he found under the table. :ermm:

more furniture shopping, then we went home and dw made a kielbasi with butter, onions, and thumans sauerkraut, and served it with plugra butter and rye bread . it was delicious.

what a day. i need to go lay down...

Back
Top Bottom