Duck breasts - if it quacks like a duck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
I have two duck breasts in my fridge. Any ideas what I can do with them that's interesting?

Hey Kyles, where have you been? It's been quite a while since you've posted.

Hello there! I've got married.....and got the internet back!!!!!

Kyles!!!! You're back!!!!! Dang it's been a long time! Congrats!

As for the duck breast.... I'm clueless. I have only cooked duck one other time in my life!

I have no idea about the duck, but I just wanted to jump in and say WELCOME BACK!!! We have missed you. Congratulations on your marriage! That is wonderful :)

I'll pop over to introductions and say hello properly!

+1 for mini

I usually pan sear them. render down the fat and then save the fat ( so tasty) then glaze it with some honey or you can many a nice orange honey glaze.

i love duck i jsut cant afford it.

I think duck is possibly cheaper in the UK than it is in the US. Although everything here is expensive at the moment! My duck breasts I picked up yesterday were cheaper than the equivalent weight of chicken breasts!

I cannot even buy duck breasts (have to buy the entire animal, whole, frozen). I'm so jealous. I'm with those who are going simple. Put them skin down first. That will give you enough oil to finish the job. At the end you decide. If l'orange doesn't do it for you, find an Asian sauce, and just brush it on at the end, then serve with rice, maybe a veg stir fry (which takes a few minutes and can be done while the duck breasts rest).

Back
Top Bottom