Hamburger rolls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5af5b2c3-2d49-4ea7-9fc2-33f73f01bab1.jpg

I have couple of questions.
1. Why so much yeast?
2. They came out about 3 inches in diameter. Is it normal? Seems to be too small for a hamburger bun.

I have couple of questions.
1. Why so much yeast?
2. They came out about 3 inches in diameter. Is it normal? Seems to be too small for a hamburger bun.
1. This amount of yeast makes them rise quickly. With a smaller amount, you would have to do a double rise and it would take a few hours instead of just one.
2. It depends on how much dough you use for each one; I use about 2 ounces (I use a kitchen scale to weigh them) for burger buns and 1.5 ounces for sliders. Also, as I mentioned above, I've learned to flatten them slightly so they bake up wider than they are tall.

Thank you.
1. Understand.
2. I used kitchen scale and flattened them as you recommended.
The question is did they come out about the same size you get? These are about 3 inches.

Thank you.
1. Understand.
2. I used kitchen scale and flattened them as you recommended.
The question is did they come out about the same size you get? These are about 3 inches.
I think mine are closer to four inches; we don't make restaurant-size burgers, though ;) I flatten them a bit more, so they don't end up with that dome-shaped top. You can use more dough as a standard measure to make bigger ones if your family prefers that.
20200403_193537.jpg

Last edited:
There is a Spudnuts store in Berea, OH...or was the last time we checked. Each trip into Ohio we promise we'll get there. And then we don't.

I have a word tjat will change how you think about yeast dough: Spudnuts. Just do a google search on it. Though it was originally created to make fabulous doughnuts, I have family members, me included, that have repurposed the dough to make cinnamon rolls, bread, and dinner rolls...

Authentic, honest-to-gosh Polish panczki include mashed potatoes in the mix. My ciocia (Polish for aunt) made the best panczki.

I think mine are closer to four inches; we don't make restaurant-size burgers, though ;) I flatten them a bit more, so they don't end up with that dome-shaped top. You can use more dough as a standard measure to make bigger ones if your family prefers that.
View attachment 40791

I mostly wanted to know if I achieved what was meant to be, or I messed it up. I think I need to flatten them more.

Thank you.

I mostly wanted to know if I achieved what was meant to be, or I messed it up. I think I need to flatten them more.

Thank you.
You did fine [emoji2] Yours look like mine did the first time I made them. Then I started making adjustments and wrote them on the recipe, so I wouldn't forget.

To clarify - Spudnuts is a commercial establishment and you think we can find their recipe online?

I'm behind a firewall and a filter. I cant see any of those. Can anyone do a cut and paste here?

Back
Top Bottom