help with KABOB KOOBIDEH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golddustpeak

Assistant Cook
I made my first

KABOB KOOBIDEH today using 1 lb ground chuck, 1 onion purified and drained, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. I kneaded it for a minimum of ten minutes and refrigerated it for several hours.​

Later I fired up the grill 450 -500 deg. and while waiting I pressed two Kabobs on to my skewers.

I placed the skewers on risers above the grill and started turning them at 30 sec. then 60 sec. an on and on until they fell apart....

The flavor was as expected but how do I keep them on the skewers until done?

TNX

Last edited:
I think you were turning them too frequently. They need to cook for a few minutes first so the meat can firm up. Then turn them over and give them a few minutes on the second side.

This was new to me!

I read a few recipes that called for cooking the kabobs for 3-5 minutes before carefully turning them to sear and cook the raw side.

If I was making these at home I would forget the skewers. Shape the meat into finger or patty shapes and grill as you would a burger or sausage.
1691502262617.jpeg

I think you were turning them too frequently. They need to cook for a few minutes first so the meat can firm up. Then turn them over and give them a few minutes on the second side.
+1 You can cook them just turning them once.

As Aunt Bea said, (Some of the recipes call for finely grated or puréed (purified?) raw onion squeezed dry.)
There ya go :)
SORRY MY OOPS!

So confusing EVERYTHING I've read, and seen on YouTube calls for short times on the grill while turning to set the meat!

Sure I can do it in an Air Fryer or Pan or Oven, but that's just not the same is it if you want to be traditional is it?

As Aunt Bea said, (Some of the recipes call for finely grated or puréed (purified?) raw onion squeezed dry.)
SORRY MY OOPS!

So confusing EVERYTHING I've read, and seen on YouTube calls for short times on the grill while turning to set the meat!

Sure I can do it in an Air Fryer or Pan or Oven, but that's just not the same is it if you want to be traditional is it?
Do you oil the hot grill grates before cooking?

SORRY MY OOPS!

Nothing wrong with using a traditional method but it may take some practice to get the hang of it.

Maybe start by eliminating the risers and lay the kabobs directly on the grill to provide some additional support.

Put KABOB KOOBIDEH on the weekly rotation and practice, practice, practice! 🐷🐷🐷

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom