Important to note with novel recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzoltan32

Assistant Cook
have to make sure that during microwaving or heating no catalysis occures with a poisonous effect (on whichever applicable heatlevel, duration or performance)

What are you talking about? Can you give an example?

I am not quite sure but once i made a sort of like milkshake out of eggwhites sugar, vanilin and coconut then i microwaved it after blendering then it felt realy irritant not sure if it was poisonous

If you're suggesting microwaving makes foods poisoness, I think you're mistaken.

Why are you using artificial vanilla rather than vanilla extract?

I am not quite sure but once i made a sort of like milkshake out of eggwhites sugar, vanilin and coconut then i microwaved it after blendering then it felt realy irritant not sure if it was poisonous

Have you ever made this without using a microwave oven?

Microwave energy is electro-magnetic energy (like light) that is produced at a certain frequency by either a magnetron, or klystron (tubes designed to produce microwave energy). This is the same energy emitted from radar, and used in masers, but at a specific frequency. They cause molecules in a substance to agitate, creating friction, and resultant heat.

Microwaving foods causes the moisture in the foods to heat, nd cook the foods. If a bad experience is encountered with microwaved foods, it is due to chemicals leached from the vessel that the food is cooked in, usually some types of plastic. Also, metals will attract the energy and cause electrical arcing to occur. Ceramic and glass vessels, rimmed with metal will not work with a microwave oven,

One more danger with microwaves is that water may be superheated and not boil. When the vessel containing the super-heated liquid is moved, the water can begin to boil explosively, splashing scalding water in every direction.

Microwaves are perfectly safe when used within their limitations.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I dare not ask why you did that ... but am wondering if it didnt end up as sort of a cooked coconut omelet?

Back
Top Bottom