Insomniac's Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, I almost checked in here when I was up and wide awake at 3:45 this morning. :ohmy::( I figured that would keep me awake even more, so I turned on an old episode of 'The Waltons' and fell back asleep in the recliner. :sleep:

Last edited:
"Good-night, Jim-Bob". Or should that be "Good-night, Cheryl". ;)

...I am photographing cars for a classic car auction, which is a big part of my photography business. It is my "niche." It is very hard work, believe it or not...
I believe it is hard. When we lived in Ohio, I did food demos for a local grocery store chain. My second boss had previously worked for Meredith Corp in their recipe development department. She told us all the work the food stylists and food photographers went through to make her food look drool-worthy. She would laugh at how delicious it was when she was finished cooking, and how unpalatable it would become when the food stylist was done! :LOL:

FWIW, my first boss on that job was the granddaughter of Lou "The Toe" Groza, just in case you're a football trivia nut. ;)

I'm back from San Antonio. I uploaded my photos to the big Mac, and they look good. I have a back-up safely tucked in the fireproof safe, sooooo.....

Time to unwind. I should be able to sleep well, tonight. I left my home in Dallas at 7:30 AM, flew to San Antonio, worked all day, and got back home at 11:15 PM. If I can't sleep, there is something seriously wrong with me.

My FREE Le Crueset cast-iron cookbook was in the mailbox when I got home. Well, it wasn't free is you figure in the money I've spent on their cast iron, but they didn't have to give it to me, so I guess it is sort of free. Maybe I'll fall asleep perusing that.

CD

I suspect I'll be up for awhile. Scary flight back from PA through Atlanta to QC. I've never heard pilots and flight attendants yelling for us to deplane quickly. Tornadoes. We're home now.

Last edited:
Just taking a quick break from processing yesterday's photos in Photoshop.

I have a shoot in the morning in Dallas, and then I'm off to San Jose (yes, I know the way) tomorrow afternoon. I have a one-way flight ticket, because I don't know where I'm going from there. Probably back to Dallas, but maybe to Kansas or Florida.

As far as sleep on the road, I always book my own hotel rooms. I absolutely MUST have a room with a comfortable bed. I don't care if the complimentary breakfast sucks, I must have a good bed.

Well, back to work. Not much left to do. I should be done in 30-45 minutes.

Psycho-poodle spent the last two days with my outstanding dog sitter, playing with her cat, Voodoo. He is wiped out. He is sleeping on his bed that is in my home-office. He hasn't moved in at least four hours.

CD

You have checked that psycho-poodle is still breathing, right? ;)

LOL, that actually crossed my mind at one point. I had to make him get up and go outside to pee and poo.

And, he is going back to the pet sitter tomorrow, for a few days. He has a great time, and she is a fantastic pet sitter. He even gets to sleep in her bed with her and her cat, Voodoo. The other dogs she takes care of don't get to do that. Teddy and Voodoo curl up next to each other for the night like two best friends.

CD

LOL, that actually crossed my mind at one point. I had to make him get up and go outside to pee and poo.

And, he is going back to the pet sitter tomorrow, for a few days. He has a great time, and she is a fantastic pet sitter. He even gets to sleep in her bed with her and her cat, Voodoo. The other dogs she takes care of don't get to do that. Teddy and Voodoo curl up next to each other for the night like two best friends.

CD

I had a good night's sleep after my last post. I also had a good night's sleep in San Jose, and back here in Dallas last night.

Right now, at 12:35, I'm tired, but tried to go to bed 30 minutes ago, and it wasn't happening. Hopefully, a little reading and writing will do the job. I have my monitor brightness turned way down, so I'm looking at a dim screen.

Anyone else still up?

CD

I've not been up, contracted Influenza A and have been sleeping round the clock for the last few days. Missed two days of work. I'm now on my long weekend, hopefully I can get back to work on Monday.

I've not been up, contracted Influenza A and have been sleeping round the clock for the last few days. Missed two days of work. I'm now on my long weekend, hopefully I can get back to work on Monday.

Use your long weekend to get some extra rest.

Princess, when Poo was in the 7th grade, he got the flu right at the start of the Christmas vacation. Spent the whole vacation in bed, so sick. Didn't even want to open his presents. Finally was able to return to school Jan. 5th. Come the February winter school vacation he had a relapse. Stayed in bed the whole ten days. Went back to school and time for the Spring vacation. Another relapse. Missed the first two days of going back to school. Finally, June and school is out for the summer. I had my fingers crossed. I was so afraid that he was going to spend the whole summer in bed. He did lose a lot of weight. But the doctor said he was doing fine. He was washed out during the first half of the summer. But finally was able to perk up the last two weeks of August. Just in time to go back to school.

Take care of yourself. The house will be long after you.

I was up for 24 hours yesterday/last night. My daughter was supposed to take me out for my birthday luncheon. She is not feeling to good either. I was all ready to go (without any sleep). Here it is five p.m. and I still haven't had any sleep. I am now overtired. I want to sleep, but my eyes will not close. So here I sit with my eyes looking like slits. But I know if I lay down, they will pop wide open.

Been online shopping when I've been up. Got the most amazing briefs for my Mom from Tranquilityproducts.com (delivered the next day, no shipping, in a snow storm--holy crap). Love the wick-away pad. Found a Hoyer lift with sling for $300, (who knew I could get so excited about adult diapers and a Hoyer lift). I got my pressure cooker with smoker function (The One Hour Indoor Pressure Smoker - Hammacher Schlemmer). Gotta put my credit card on ice. It is too much fun shopping when I can't sleep.

Last edited:
CW my cousin-once-removed was a voracious late-night TV shopper back in the 1990's. Ordered everything she could via 800-numbers. Wow, did she have a ton of "stuff" for us to clean out when she died! :ermm: :LOL: Pace yourself. ;)

Ooo, that can't be good for a heart patient in rehab. :ohmy: Take care of yourself, PF, and blow off work if you aren't better by Monday. However, I really hope you're up for work come Monday. ((hugs))

I can't imagine much worse than online shopping while your awareness is drifting off, your judgement fading.

Almost as bad as PUI (posting while under the influence). Or worse.

I can't imagine much worse than online shopping while your awareness is drifting off, your judgement fading.

Either way, you are not going to remember what you did the next morning.

CD

You obviously have not had to spend 30-45 min to clean crap off your Mom's butt or worried about straining your back lifting her. :ermm: (Love it when it is just pee--TMI). Safety first and we want to avoid those UTIs. What else can I buy....:LOL: And I only get to get online after the Elders are in bed...so that's what....11:30 or midnight until 6 a.m.? My TIME!!! What can I find tonight for Mom...

Last edited:
You obviously have not had to spend 30-45 min to clean crap off your Mom's butt or worried about straining your back lifting her. :ermm: (Love it when it is just pee--TMI). Safety first and we want to avoid those UTIs. What else can I buy....:LOL: And I only get to get online after the Elders are in bed...so that's what....11:30 or midnight until 6 a.m.? My TIME!!! What can I find tonight for Mom...
Wow I don't know where that came from, what did I do to insult your mother, or you?

My mother went into assisted care before I was called to take care of her, and in any case she had moved to a city hundreds of miles away during her final years--beyond my ability to care for her as she had cared for me when I was an infant.

I'm sorry if I touched a sensitive point for you.

Until you get the items shipped to you and the purchases appear on your credit card bill.
Ahhhh--I have a pre-paid card I use for online shopping. I find what I want, transfer the funds, and then buy the item. No impulse buying. I hemmed and hawed getting the pressure cooker with smoker functions for 6 months. Since I still wanted it after 6 months, I went for it. The Hoyer was so that one of our favourite caregivers would come back and the "diapers" well, those made sense from so many different angles (preventing skin breakdown, odor reduction, etc) and CHEAPER than those we can buy locally.

Your reply amuses me. I have no wish to antagonize you with a contrary reply so let's it stand with that.

Wow I sure love my Amazon Prime! :)

But I am not subject to buying impulsivity. And I don't watch HSC and similar channels.

Back
Top Bottom