Instant pot dal makhani recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Dal-1-2048x1365.jpg

Ingredients
Spices
1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Pepper Or Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1.5 teaspoons Salt

Main Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
1 Cup Lentils Soaked overnight
1 Cup Red Beans Soaked overnight
1.5 Cup Onion Diced
1 Cup Tomato Diced, two roma
2 Tablespoons Garlic
1 Tablespoon Ginger
4.5 Cups Water

To Finish
1/4 Cup Almond Milk Yogurt
1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped

Instructions
Push the Sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add one Tablespoon of oil and let it warm up. The oil will start to pool up on the side of the pot. When the oil is warm add your cumin seeds and mix with the oil.

When the cumin seeds start to pop or crackle add the onions.

When the onions start to soften up add the garlic, ginger and spices. Keep stirring and cook for about three minutes to toast the spices.

After your spices have toasted add the tomatoes.

Cook the tomatoes (while occasionally stirring) until most of the moisture has escaped and you start to see a little oil seperate.

Add your lentils, red beans and four and a half cups of water. Give it a stir.
put on the lid set the vent to sealing. Press cancel then manuel and set the timer for nine minutes.

After the timer has counted down turn off your Instant Pot and let naturally release for twenty minutes.

While the dal is cooking wash and dry a big handful of cilantro. Then chop it up. Measure out a quarter cup of almond milk yogurt.

After the Instant Pot has naturally released for twenty minutes turn your vent to release. After steam is no longer coming out of the vent remove the lid.

Stir in the yogurt and cilantro. The dish is now ready to serve

Read more here: Instant pot dal makhani recipe 🌶 - James Strange

Great recipe, James! I've made many similar dishes in the IP, though I've never made and tried any of the vegan yogurts in them. I might make some oat milk, and try yogurt with that...then this dish!

Back
Top Bottom