ISO: Chocolate Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I've tried several "custard type" chocolate recipes, but mine are Very Heavy..

I call them "Pudding Pies"..

I've tried "Chiffon Style" chocolate pie recipes, but they are usually "Ice Box" pies..

Is there a way to make a Baked Chocolate, with Merange Top, pie that is not like Under Cooked "brownie " dough?

Thanks, Eric, Asutin Tx.

I cheat and use Watkins pudding. Its cooked and then I usually do a whipped cream topping (you can make it mousse by putting a bit of the pudding in with the whipped cream)

I've tried several "custard type" chocolate recipes, but mine are Very Heavy..

I call them "Pudding Pies"..

I've tried "Chiffon Style" chocolate pie recipes, but they are usually "Ice Box" pies..

Is there a way to make a Baked Chocolate, with Merange Top, pie that is not like Under Cooked "brownie " dough?

Thanks, Eric, Asutin Tx.
Have you done it separating the yolks from the whites. Mix the yolks with the flour, chocolate, sugar etc. Beat the whites until they are fluffy and fold them into the mixture then bake...

Kim's fave chocolate pie

3 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1/4 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
1 chocolate cookie pie crust
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) chocolate instant pudding
1 tub (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed, divided

Mix the melted chocolate and condensed milk until well blended and pour into crust. Whip milk and dry pudding mixes with wire whisk in a large bowl for 2 min. or until well blended...Mixture will be thick. Spread half the pudding mix over the chocolate in the crust. Add half of the whipped topping to remaining pudding; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping. Grate some extra chocolate on top for garnish, if you want to get fancy. Refrigerate.

*I have used liquid creamer instead of the sweetened condensed milk when I didn't have any, and it worked fine.*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom