ISO help converting cooking times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

higginsw

Assistant Cook
I want to try a pork chop recipe that calls for 4 boneless chops 3/4 to 1" thick and instead of grilling I want to bake and I want to increase the recipe to 14 chops...
If I sear first and then place in baking dishes w/ sauce should I bake at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or? I know that the chops should be cooked to approx. 155 degrees and then sit covered for 5 min. while I work on plating the other dishes - but how can I judge within 5 - 10 min. of how long I need to bake 14 of them?

Hi, higginsw. Welcome to DC :)

Searing chops that thin will halfway cook them, so finishing them in the oven won't take long - I'd guess 15-20 minutes at 375. If you can, I'd test with one chop, to make sure.

ok, thank you. I would like to sear ahead of time and then put in oven when we are on the salad course - do you think that would work - you really only think 15 - 20 min. for 14 of them?

One or 14, they will cook in the same amount of time. You ahve a thermometer to check the temp, right? I'd pull them @ 140ºF to 145ºF and let them rest. They will reach the appropriate internal temp while resting. Cooking them more risks dry chops.

Back
Top Bottom