It's Wednesday, what's for dinner, April 23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DW's' in Tacoma and has been for the p[ast week. Tonight was a bachelor kind of meal. Some good left-over baked beans (made from scratch), 4 pieces of thick-sliced bacon, cooked jsut right, 1 ripe tomato, sliced, and one spud nuked in the microwave until done, then sliced and fried in the bacon grease until just turning redish brown and crispy with salt and pepper. For a beverage, I took a half full container of good soy milk, mixed 2 tbs. unsweetend cocoa powder and 2 tbs. honey, along with 1/4 tsp. cinamon. Threw it all in the blender. It is yummy. Had a glass full. desert will come later, a container of sugar-free, fat-free strawberry/banana yogurt, ice cold.

Yup, though I'm a bit lonely, (this week without DW isn't nearly as difficult as 6 months on an aircraft carrier) being alone to take care of some projects is ok, especially since I know I'll be back with her, and preparing for my daughter's wedding in another 5 days or so.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Is YT a limey?
For all I know he's a cockney or scouse ;)

Anyway, what's "farmhouse soup", YT?

This is what I had; orange roughy seasoned with cajun seasoning, fresh cracked pepper and done of the grill, beans "almondine" :rolleyes: (gawd I hate that term) and fries.... errr, I mean chips. They did have vinegar on them afterall :D

Attachments

• April 23 orange roughy.jpg
    April 23 orange roughy.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 177
change of dinner. jake didn't arrive til 9-ish, so dinner is frescetta pizza. steak tomorrow.

We did a variation on a pork chop recipe that used apples and sweet potatoes and onion. I omitted the onion. I took 6 thin cut medium sized pork chops, 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, 2tbsp Liquid Hickory Smoke flavoring, 1tbsp black pepper, and 1tbsp meat tenderizer. I put it all in a large casserole dish, coated and mixed thoroughly. I then covered in 2 medium sized apples chopped up, and three medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and sliced.
I covered the whole thing liberally with brown sugar, and baked at 375 for 45mins. Instant hit with the family!
For desert we made cake mix cookies using a lemon supreme cake mix, two eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 2 cups shredded coconut. Mixed all together, spooned onto cookie sheet, and baked at 350 for 8 minutes. I put about 8 on each cookie sheet.
Another instant hit!

Revised dinner. Buck and I had such a great time sitting on the front porch tonight, we didn't get inside until almost 9 p.m. Yippee! Yippee! Instead we had a huge bowl of popcorn made with our Whirley-Popper. We're happy campers.

We did a variation on a pork chop recipe that used apples and sweet potatoes and onion.

I have a similiar recipe that uses just pork chops, apples, sweet potatoes, brown sugar and apple juice. It is one of my favorites!

Fluffy omelet with cherizo. scallion, and cheddar, fried, par boiled sliced potatoes. It was kind of a heavy meal for so late (almost 10 p.m.), but I was starving and it was easy.
But boy, Pacanis, that looksso good!

That looks good, YT. Like the pressure cooker "chicken and slippery dumplings" KE turned me onto.

Maverick, does the brown sugar tame the worcestershire sauce down? It take me a couple years to go through one bottle, 1/2c sounds like a lot.
I might give that a try sans the sweet potatoes.

That looks good, YT. Like the pressure cooker "chicken and slippery dumplings" KE turned me onto.

Maverick, does the brown sugar tame the worcestershire sauce down? It take me a couple years to go through one bottle, 1/2c sounds like a lot.
I might give that a try sans the sweet potatoes.

You could tone it down to a 1/4 if you like. It really is just to coat the pork chops and cook em in the juices. Most is left in the bottom of the casserole dish after you take the pork chops out. I use this the next day to start my beef stew.

i made a stir fry. chicken tenders, shrimp, garlic ginger, carrots, green pepper, kirby cukes, scallions, baby bok choy, sesame seeds, and black bean sprouts. i added some soy sauce and water, then thickened it with butter and corn starch slurry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom