Monday 11-14-2022 ~ National Pickle Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could not budge my way down the pickle isle. No wonder! It's national pickle day.

Dinner was a meatloaf sandwich without a pickle!

Neither one of us got anywhere near enough sleep last night, so we are both zombies today. And, we got a grocery delivery, which wiped us out completely. So, the emergency frozen pizzas in the grocery delivery got put to good use as supper. (That also saved DH a trip into the basement to put them in the chest freezer.) It's not as good as pizzeria pizza, but it's pretty good for frozen pizza. Spinach and cheese.

Shallow fried chicken strips, green beans, butter & herb rice last night.
fried_chicken_strips_111422_IMG_0280.jpg

Had a quarter section of the stuffed Acorn squash I made several days ago. With a good helping of mashed potatoes.
There was supposed to be a smoked chop but it didn't make it out of the fridge.
Apple juice, lemon cookies

IMG_0516.jpeg
I think I set a record tonight. At some point in the dinner prep, I had the microwave, toaster oven, air fryer, gas stove and sous vide circulator going for dinner prep.

Dinner tonight was cream cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon (ABTs–Atomic Buffalo Turds according to the pros on the BBQ circuit), sous vide pork chops, steamed carrots and cucumbers in sour cream.

The ABTs were done in the air fryer and kept warm in the toaster oven, the chops were cooked in the sous vide and finished on the gas stove, the carrots were steamed in the microwave.

I don’t think I want to do all that again.

Back
Top Bottom