Sat. Eats on Easter Eve 04/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot the photo and don't know how to 'edit' on my phone.

Carrots, potatoes and green beans. 20220416_174339.jpg

What's cooking at your house?

Last edited:
dragn, that looks really yummy, I'll be right over.

I have a pot of White Rice cooking as we 'speak' in the electric Rice Pot, I just love that smell!
Once DH is finished watching the Phillies baseball game, I'll make up a pan of Kalua Pork & Cabbage, one of favorite meals.

K-Girl, DH must be enjoying that game - Philly sure is pounding the Fish!

We had our Good Friday delayed home opener hot dogs tonight. It was raining when we should have been grilling, so I steamed them in beer instead. I reheated the leftover potato wedges from eating out in the convection setting; they recrisped nicely. Peek-a-boo approved. Also had baked beans, and mixed tomatoes with grains of paradise and Hawaiian black salt.

IMG_20220416_200249016_HDR.jpg

We had hot dogs on toasted rolls with pickles and chips. Mustard and sauerkraut on my hot dog. Pro tip: Pickles and sauerkraut don't go together.

I made home-made pizza. OK, refrigerator case pizza dough. Caramelized onion and sausage. Not quite round around, but it was good.

DIL made piiza crust. We all topped our own pizzas. They were made in a gas fired pizza oven, cooked 2 minutes, rotated, and finished for another tow minutes. I topped mine with pesto, Canadien bacon, sliced mushrooms, black olives, fire roadted tomaro, onions, and shredded mozzarella cheese. It was tasty.

We are visiting the in-laws for the long weekend. I brought the ingredients for white bean and Italian sausage soup. I also brought some wholegrain and sunflower seed bread. My mummy-in-law made a chocolate cream pie and a lemon meringue pie yesterday, before we arrived. I was pretty full, but wanted both, so I had a small slice of each.

white bean and Italian sausage soup.gifwhite bean and Italian sausage soup with whole grain bread.gifchocolate cream pie and lemon meringue pie.gif

Watching baseball (actually college softball) also so hot dogs seemed the way to go. Served with mac salad and chips.

Chocolate pie was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220416_130804785.jpg

Breaded baked eggplant slices, ww spaghetti, tomato mushroom sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom