Saturday lunch - 13th Jan 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meryl

Senior Cook
Healthy eating today, vegetable risotto. (zucchini, peas, carrots sweetcorn, spinach, onions)

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_125340.jpg
    IMG_20240113_125340.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 8
I had pancakes at about 3pm. Not lunch, not brunch, too late for breakfast.

It was a batter with oats, self-rising flour, buttermilk, vanilla yogurt, and bananas. I used Kerry Gold butter, real maple syrup and honey for topping.

Here's 1 in the pan:
20240113_155626.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to skip lunch today because I had a big breakfast, but I am hungry so I will have a hot dog with horseradish mustard and Ted's hot dog sauce. That should hold me until supper.

I had pancakes at about 3pm. Not lunch, not brunch, too late for breakfast.

It was a batter with oats, self-rising flour, buttermilk, vanilla yogurt, and bananas. I used Kerry Gold butter, real maple syrup and honey for topping.

Here's 1 in the pan:
View attachment 67551
I was craving pancakes late last night, so I made some around 11pm. Had them along side a bowl of Cream of Wheat.

Not at all, for me. My family might not be happy, lol.

If I went to Italy I'd likely never return to the US.

That's exactly what I did! 😁
I left the UK to move out here and never returned 😀. Only a couple of times to visit.
It was easy for me though, I was in my 20s,single, bilingual/dual nationality, had been here many times before, and I had a place to stay, at my grandmother's! 😉
This all happened thirty years ago. 🙂

I hope you may get a chance in the future to have a holiday here.

All this talk about pancakes has given me an urge to make them, I'm not too good at this so I'll ask my daughter when she wakes up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom