Simmer, define in a recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats what i say ....thank you for the help. I called someone else that has a simmer thing,but hers is a push button above the burner and she cant do anything either except what i mentioned.

we got thinking and if the simmer burner was working the way it should.... would we still see the small bubbles breaking or would it be different ? If we get a new stove with this option would like to know what we should expect. dont mean to drag this on.

The temperature for simmering varies from dish to dish. The type of pot you use can have an effect, as well as if you use a lid or not.

we got thinking and if the simmer burner was working the way it should.... would we still see the small bubbles breaking or would it be different ? If we get a new stove with this option would like to know what we should expect. dont mean to drag this on.

Depends on the size of the burner, the size of the pot and how much is in it.

The way it should work is once you get it fully boiling. You move it to the simmer burner and adjust the heat level so you are seeing a simmer in the pot. Keep in mind that it can take fifteen minutes for a pot to adjust.

simmer define in a recipe

something just occurred to me....if we have to adjust the setting on the stove to get the ingred. in the pan to simmering ,than how does a slow cooker adjust to it,(yes i know it has a high and low) but if it takes us time to fiddle on the stove to get to a simmer....than how does slow cooker do it? Sorry if this is dumb to advance cookers,but i don't get it. Also, on the dial on a stove it has simmer by low if i put any thing on there it just keeps it warm,why do they put it on there,bec. i cant use it for nothing but warming stuff. NOT talking about simmer burner,but simmer on the dial of low,medium and high. I hate to take up your time on this but i don't know or have a brain fog going on. thanks ahead of time.

It's just the stove maker trying to be helpful. They probably did some testing and found that, for a specific set of circumstances, that was a good setting. They may have used a smaller pot with a smaller amount of ingredients.

guys,need your help what happen...got up this morning to make a big pot of chili brought to boil reduce to simmer which on the stove was medium, worked out ok the chili went up at 6 a.m. and checked it at 7..ok later about 10 still ok and later check still ok simmering but at 2 p.m. found it not simmering no more now more of a boil ,(no lid) so that didnt do it. I thought the whole idea on simmering was to simmer stuff for a period of time with out worrying about it. Any ideas what went wrong?

When simmering for long periods, you should always at least partially cover to retain the heat. By leaving it uncovered for so long you lost the heat that kept it at a steady simmer.

The chili simmered OK from 6:00 AM to somewhere between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. That's somewhere between 4-8 hours of simmering. With the lid off, you cooked away a lot of liquid, reducing the quantity of food allowing the remaining food to get hotter and boil.

First, 2-3 hours is more than enough for chili. Second, the burner maintained a simmer for more that 4 hours. That's pretty good if you ask me.

A simmer burner does not absolve you of responsibility to keep an eye on the pot.

ok. thanks guys.( i was trying to surprise my mom)...i thought the longer it simmered the flavor would go through....should of known about the lid .yes your right a lot of the liquid did boil away,still good just thicker. I will get it yet. By the way ... thank you for putting up with me and my questions. You all have been a big help.

ok. thanks guys.( i was trying to surprise my mom)...i thought the longer it simmered the flavor would go through....should of known about the lid .yes your right a lot of the liquid did boil away,still good just thicker. I will get it yet. By the way ... thank you for putting up with me and my questions. You all have been a big help.

You can always add some water back to the chili if it's too thick.

the water did loosen the chili back up..thanks for the tip. I really hate to ask this but can u explain to me on a crock pot how they consider high to be simmering.I can see the low....but high i dont get. Like i mention before i asked if we have to fiddle with stove to get to a simmer for things,i asked how the slow cooker does it and Andy replied,i understand what he said but dont get the high setting on the crock pot.A simmer is a simmer......I hope i said this right and u know what i am trying to ask.

The cooking police took the site down because it doesn't know how to simmer.
ROTFLMAO!! I think it boiled over and put out the server!! LOL
I'll be happy to help you with your tech support question, but you'll have to wait until I can move to India or Bangladesh. ;)

I got so tired Googling that I didn't have the energy to click on any links. ;)

Yeah they all say that! ;)
TeeHee

define simmer

the water did loosen the chili back up..thanks for the tip. I really hate to ask this but can u explain to me on a crock pot how they consider high to be simmering.I can see the low....but high i dont get. Like i mention before i asked if we have to fiddle with stove to get to a simmer for things,i asked how the slow cooker does it and Andy replied,i understand what he said but dont get the high setting on the crock pot.A simmer is a simmer......I hope i said this right and u know what i am trying to ask.

so can any one explain to me what high setting on crock pot is?

i have a crock pot book and it says low is a gentle simmer and high is a vigorous. simmer. And from what u all said a simmer is a simmer.

Back
Top Bottom