Single Guys Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ok. Here it goes. I met a woman at the grocery store. She was very attractive, seemed intelligent and thought I was cute.
I gave her my number. 10pm she called and we talked. She wanted to meet. We went to 2 bars and they were both closing. Then we went to another place. We ordered drinks. I jokingly asked if they acepted credit cards.
NOPE! :mellow: So I tried my NEW debt card at their cash machine...... NOTHING! It was out of cash. So I left her and went to 3 other places. Other machines said I used my pin so many times, I cant get cash. :(
I came back to her at the bar. She decided to move and sit next to 2 women. I asked her whatts going on and if I should drive her back. She REAMED me out for not having cash and that Im an "idiot". And for me NOT to call her, but she would call ME if needed. :cry:
I left. That $&%$*! I still cant understand it. Well, Im going to bed.

Another chapter in a single guys life.:neutral:

That's alright DS. You tried and tried, for goodness' sake and she couldn't appreciate that. At least you found that out about her early enough. She most probably did you a favor and saved you a lot of future grief.

Don't feel too bad. Long ago, my guy pal went on a blind date with a girl. They were riding his dad's old stick-shift car. When he tried to shift gears the stick broke off in his hand with the car frozen on 2nd gear. I don't remember how the evening ended but he definitely never attempted to see her again out of embarassment. Don't know why I'm telling you this but years later my friend can only laugh about it. :LOL:

Doesn't sound like she was the right girl for you if she couldn't be a little more understanding of your situation. I agree with Michelemarie and Chopstix, it's better you found out about her now rather than later.

If she had been a forthright, independent person, she would have had her own debit card/cash tucked away somewhere to save the day (night). But she didn't, so now you know what kind of person she was. This is about her.

Chopstix said:
At least you found that out about her early enough. She most probably did you a favor and saved you a lot of future grief.

that was my first thought as well....better you find out now rather than when she pulls that and leaves you with the honor of allowing you to *give* her 1/2 your stuff!! :mad:

I'm sorry. Why would she assume that YOU were going to pay for her drinks on this very first meeting anyway? I remember calling this guy to join me on my birthday dinner with some friends - I PAID!!! Because I asked HIM out birthday or not. Chalk it up Sushi - and if you need to stash $50.00 somewhere for emergencies.

Sorry Sush! That special one is out there and one day your paths will cross. Thank Goodness the good Lord put a road block in front of that path :) . Her loss in my opinion.

Sorry, Sushi, but you know what? That was time well spent. It showed you exactly the kind of girl you don't want to go after. She doesn't sound very understanding of a guy who's in the middle of a problem, then blames you for it. There are lots of nice girls out there who will make you forget this one in a big hurry. Check out the produce section of your supermarket. If you see one you're interested in, ask her a question about a fruit or veggie! That's what all the singles do in my city. It works! :chef:

Here in New England (six states in the northeastern United States) we have a name for women like that. It's not nice.

they're called the red sox (j/k andy. how's the off season so far? :cool: )

running away........................

actually sush, as has been mentioned, it was a pretty cheap way to find out that she's the wrong girl (i had to erase the first 15 things i wrote there, lol).

it coulda been worse. she could have made you spend big bucks on a few dinners, or worse, before you found out.

My first thought was, why would a woman call you at 10pm for a first date? You would think she would have given you the courtesy of setting a time and day/night to get together in advance so you/she could plan better.

Obvioulsy she wasnt as intelligent as she first seemed. Sorry you had to go through that.

Sush I'm so sorry this happened to you. But everyone's right... at least you found out about her early enough before you spent big bucks on her.
I find it disturbing to see how unappreciative she was of you.

sush, vagriller nailed it. The only time she's gonna call again is when she is low on cash and wants to go out. Chalk this one up to experience.

Something like that happened to me on my first date with my first girlfriend on February 16th.

I deposited some cheques just before going out with her.
I didn't withdraw any money cause I had my card.
So, we went to Casey's and ordered our food.
So when it was time to pay the bill I handed the lady my card, and she handed it back and said "We don't have debit, use the machine at the back there"

I have a youth account at my bank, so I could only withdraw $20.
Which was just over half the bill.
OMG!! I was soo pissed! And I couldn't flip out in front of her.
So she offered to pay... I really really didn't want her to.
So lameness.
I did bake her cookies, and mix a few cds for her, and got her a big red teddy bear and took her out for a movie... So it could have been worse.

But up to this day, I havn't let her pay for anything, cept that one time...
We were at her university, getting some food.
She has a food card, so when I said I'm paying, she pulled out her wallet and a quarter fell out. I picked it up, and by the time I got up she had already swiped it (thats all she has to do) and gathered our food.

Also up to this day, I havn't eaten at Casey's.

I echo what everyone else has already said. Better you know from the first date what kind of person she is. Some girls just expect the guy to pay which I don't think is right. Of course it is nice when a guy treats you to dinner but it shouldn't be expected, especially on a first date when she called you.

Don't worry, there are plenty of lovely girls out there and I hope that the next girl you meet is one of them and treats you well :)

But as for having cash...well it's always handy to have some to hand. I always have at least £10 with me in case I want to get a snack to eat, train ticket or whatever and there are no cash machines nearby, there's a queue or they are broken. It's just handy :)

Back
Top Bottom