Spell Checker Function

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After typing your reply, you should click on the spell check icon. That's the icon with the ABC and the check mark. Then a little window will appear with the first misspelled word and offer you the opportunity to fix it. That repeats until all the misspelled words are corrected. If there are no spelling errors, a window pops up stating that spell check is complete.

ok thanks, one more try. had to download. now it works. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

babe

Andy, thanks for the spellchecker tip. I gave it a try, but when I clicked on same, I went to a screen asking if I wanted to download an internet? spellcheck (none of which looked compatible with what I have). Is it my browser? Now, if only we could get rid of those pesky repetitive dashes, dots, & backslashes that mutilate a sentence. :-p

amy, if you've never used the feature, you have to do an initial download. After that, clicking on the icon will perform a spellcheck on your reply (before posting).

amy, if you've never used the feature, you have to do an initial download. After that, clicking on the icon will perform a spellcheck on your reply (before posting).

Okay. So, you do in fact, have to download a spellchecker, yes? I'll go back and look at the options. As I mentioned, don't see one (or can't figure out) which would be compatible with what I have - my computer.

I can't see the options. It's been a while since I did a download. I remember just one option.

If it's of any help, I have windows xp 2nd edition, & just downloaded the 3rd? edition upgrade. Maybe I can do a google for a spellcheck that is compatible with what I have? Would be cool if Microsoft or whomever, had a spellcheck feature in the toolbar. Just a thought. ;)

Last edited:
ok I'm not seeing a spell checker button either, and I'm not using foxfire either. Maybe I'm just blind!!!!

Mikki, It's in the full feature reply; Post Reply or Go Advanced, not the quick reply. And it's right above the smilies.

By golly there it is!
I didn't notice it the other day. I just leave Word open if I know I am going to be so far off nobody will know what I am trying to spell (lol)

nope, not there just one that says switch editor mode. I guess you guys will just have to put up with my lousy spelling.:ohmy:

This is great. Sometime i cant think how to spell a word and with the help of Spell Check - i eventually get there

I made a mess out of my latest posting - don't really see any icon for spell checking anywhere. I use a MAC and Safari, because I've had issues with Firefox? Any suggestions? My messy posting about ice cream is up and I was wondering how I can edit it?

Best,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom