SUGGESTIONS FOR DISCUSS COOKING?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because this is a board like phpbb, admin doesn't have THAT much control over changes like recipe box or larger avatars unless they know how to code php.

I like the idea about a chat room for those online rather than pming them....as for a "quick search" try using the "search" button at the top in blue writing...second one in. Bigger avatars, being able to posts pics frfom your pc with out the hoopla would be good.

to tancowgirl2000

I am not looking for another link. What I am talking about is an input box on the homepage.

I would just like to say that since my back injury - these last 2 weeks have been very nice for me in this group. I would have loved an instant chat...given my boredom. But all-in-all this site is great.

And wouldn't ya know - while visiting my parents, I dropped the AC plug gizmo on my baby toe, and its swollen, turning colors and probably broken...but the funny thing is -- I WAS GETTING THE BACK PAD HoMedics device out for relief - I just can't win...

Until I read a fabulous recipe...HERE! or respond to a post or read a response to mine!

I never thought the Internet would be such a comfort while I had to recoop during my vacation days.....anyway...

Thanks to all for the input, responses and general cheer during my recoop...at my rate I may be a regular...
~~~GRIN~~~

8.gif

PolishedTopaz: You were ticking the box named "Disable BBCode in this post" so it's little wonder that it wasn't working for you! I edited your post, unticked this option (which you will find below the box when you post another message) and it hey presto it works!

because this is a board like phpbb, admin doesn't have THAT much control over changes like recipe box or larger avatars unless they know how to code php.

This is not true. Things like avatars are easily set within the config. As for the coding - it's not a problem - anything (within reason) is possible :)

You need to click the Your Profile link at the top right of this page, underneath the adverts. When you're in that page you will see an option called "Always allow BBCode:" make sure you have this set to Yes.

admin said:
PolishedTopaz: You were ticking the box named "Disable BBCode in this post" so it's little wonder that it wasn't working for you! I edited your post, unticked this option (which you will find below the box when you post another message) and it hey presto it works!

This is not true. Things like avatars are easily set within the config. As for the coding - it's not a problem - anything (within reason) is possible :)

THANK YOU..... THANK YOU......THANK YOU! Happy camper now. :D

Before I make a suggestion, I'd like to first say I love the way the categories are split up; covers just about everything, and certainly categorizes much better than that -um - other site!

I would love to see a forum on 'how-to's', or terminology, or maybe just a combination of the two.

Tx - again - for dealing with this huge influx you've had!

Having left the FTV boards, I am going to miss the easy way of finding my posts to topics, as well as the personal list of favourite posters.

On Epicurious, the famous restaurants recipes are very interesting too.

VegasDramaQueen said:
Okay, here goes, I am following your directions exactly
queen-vI.gif
I can't paste. When I right click there is no "paste" on the index

AAAARRRGGGHHHH SOMEBODY DO IT FOR ME. PLEEEEEZE

You have to click on the img tag first, before you click on the url. Did you also enable everything in your profile?

33queen-vi.gif

I'd like to see a subject that is food history and food culture. The background to what we eat and why we eat it. Why to the Cornish eat Pasties (it was coal miner food; the heavy, braided edges to the crust were thrown away, basically used as a handle and were filthy with coal dust after lunch). Stuff like that.

Claire said:
I'd like to see a subject that is food history and food culture. The background to what we eat and why we eat it. Why to the Cornish eat Pasties (it was coal miner food; the heavy, braided edges to the crust were thrown away, basically used as a handle and were filthy with coal dust after lunch). Stuff like that.
I second that! I think this is a great idea.

:) Barbara

Admins, this site is GREAT! You've put in a lot of work here, and it shows. Very nicely done -- thank you.

My only suggestion to add would be to reverse the order in which new replies are applied to a thread. In other words, the newest responses would be on top, directly under the original message that began the topic.

Re: changes and improvements

VegasDramaQueen said:
..... I like the "queen" emoticon but can't always get it when I click "view more emoticons. And pleeeeeze give us more choices than Bug's Life avatars.

I addressed this to you in another thread...pm me if you like okay? I can help.
dramaqueen.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom