Surprise Dinner Guests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Don't you just hate when this happens? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I would love it, at least once!

Attachments

• Surprise Dinner Guests.jpg
    Surprise Dinner Guests.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 308
And to think tonight was the night I opted for popcorn! I didn't realize they have black tongues until I was watching a show about them on public TV.

And to think tonight was the night I opted for popcorn! I didn't realize they have black tongues until I was watching a show about them on public TV.
They also can't announce their presence since their vocal cords are so long that they can't make sounds (some make a small mooing sound at birth, but that's it).

Well, I guess they could have knocked!

Last edited:
That has happened to me! My table wasn't set so beautifully though. We were staying in a chalet in Botswana and a giraffe nicked my salad off the table. We also woke up one morning to find the monkeys drinking our beers lol!

That has happened to me! My table wasn't set so beautifully though. We were staying in a chalet in Botswana and a giraffe nicked my salad off the table. We also woke up one morning to find the monkeys drinking our beers lol!
Wow!!! :flowers:

i remember feeding a giraffe at a zoo in the catskills many years ago. man, those things have long, slimy tongues!

as i recall it, the giraffes i fed at the catskill game farm had tongues that was rough. i guess with the passage of some years, their tongues musta got wore down so they was slimy by the time you got to 'em, bt....:)

Last edited:
as i recall it, the giraffes i fed at the catskill game farm had tongues that was rough. i guess with the passage of some years, their tongues musta got wore down so they was slimy by the time you got to 'em, bt....:)

Nope, they still have rough tongues. They need rough tongues to eat the leaves and thorns they eat

Bucky's giraffe must have been digging in it's nose ;p.

Last edited:
And you weren't on the menu.

The least they could have done was to sit down to eat instead of standing while they ate and ran. :angel:

I'm very glad I wasn't dinner :LOL:
We have had many close encounters with wild animals living in SA and Botswana.
All the dangerous ones were in Game reserves but we've had a cheetah in our garden once. It escaped from The Cheetah Farm in De Wildt (Northwest Province) where we lived. A bit scary but luckily we were indoors.

The closest for me was wild pigs on Guam and a mountain lion who was stalking us on a hike. I've seen bear, but they are running away, they don't want an encounter as much as you don't. Yes, I wear bells when we go out on hikes.

The closest for me was wild pigs on Guam and a mountain lion who was stalking us on a hike. I've seen bear, but they are running away, they don't want an encounter as much as you don't. Yes, I wear bells when we go out on hikes.

That's pretty cool :)
Not sure if the bell thing would work in Africa, the lions might think I'm a stray cow and come hunt me down :ROFLMAO:

That's pretty cool :)
Not sure if the bell thing would work in Africa, the lions might think I'm a stray cow and come hunt me down :ROFLMAO:

Most bears are shy and loners, they don't even want to meet another bear. So if you make enough noise they will evade you. The cats, though...helps them track you. If a cat decides it wants you...they will stalk you all day, even have to be careful on trails in the city.

Back
Top Bottom