Tastes Like KFC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried a QP and, to be honest, it was the expected amount of "better", but that's in contrast to their usual "meh".
Most diners here do a burger and fries100x better for only a dollar or two more. Still not breaking $9 or $10.

Ok, so you have to actually go in , order, and wait 7 or 8 minutes, but what you get blows away Mickey D's.
I'm not claiming it's as good as a diner burger. It's not something I get frequently. But there are no diners along the Penna and Ohio turnpikes when we're driving 14 hours to visit my FIL in Michigan.

One of the nurses that treats me at dialysis tried my best chicken recipe and told me she loved the flavor. Said it was the best she'd ever made. My head swelled a little.:rolleyes: I feel good. I did have to instruct her to let the chicken rest for 10 minutes or so to get the coating to stick properly to the chicken. Her coating came away a bit while she was frying it. She also gave me thumbs up on the pancake recipe. I am a happy man.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I'll give it a try one day, Chief. Sounds delicious.

I'm not claiming it's as good as a diner burger. It's not something I get frequently. But there are no diners along the Penna and Ohio turnpikes when we're driving 14 hours to visit my FIL in Michigan.
Never make excuses for where, what or how you choose to eat..
Each of us views things differently and there is no right or wrong..

Ross

I have the perfect solution to McD's bland food. I don't eat there.:LOL: There operation model is to make barely edible, but not disgusting food that is inexpensive to make, and use production methods that can crank out a whole lot of food in a hurry. They became so big by originally selling there burgers for 20 Cents per burger, compared with the other restaurants usually selling for 45 cents per burger (back in the early 1970's). They made less money per burger, but sold so many more than anyone else that it was profitable. The first time I went to a McDonalds, was with a good friend. He purchased 5 burgers and threw away all of the buns but one. He stacked the five burger patties between the one bun and had a good sized burger for 1 dollar. Of course, there was a local restaurant that made a 3/4 lb. burger with a thick slice of American cheese melted on top, all on a large, soft but, with all the good stuff for 99 cents. And there fries were better too.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Actually McDonald's was already a fixture by the 70's. The small town in Minnesota where I grew up got its first McD's in about 1961 or 62. My best friend's older brother was one of their first employees. It was a huge hit there as it was most everywhere. Burger, fries and a chocolate shake for less than $1 made it the cheapest possible way for Mom to take 3 kids out for "dinner". As kids, we loved it, just as kids seem to now, and that was long before the advent of the "Happy Meal". No drive through or indoor seating then, had to walk up to the window to order, then take it back to eat in the car.

Have you tried the new Quarter Pounder yet?

I was unimpressed. Didn't taste much different and took nearly 10 minutes to get it.

Last edited:
The Chief's recipe is for KFC style fried chicken. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

BTW, Chief has passed on to the Great Fishing Pond of his dreams, RIP Chief, may you get to use to your hearts content all those rods and flies you made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom