TGIF March 14/08 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thawed out the last container of split pea soup from the freezer. We'll have that with bread/crackers of some sort, then finish with a bit more of the chocolate chip brownies. Nice lazy meal tonight. I've been moving slow today after a crappy night's sleep last night.

sitting here waiting for dh to get the hint that I am NOT cooking and want to go out!

We ended up going to a new (to us) Mexican place. We had ceviche to start; it was okay - not enough citrus flavor for me, but it had a nice level of heat. DH had one of the specials - a pork chop with ancho polenta and sauteed spinach; I had chicken enchiladas with mole sauce and rice. It was pretty good overall.

Dinner is served. Or rather was :)

Attachments

• ribsandwedges.jpg
    ribsandwedges.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 167
We had home-made lasagna. Pacanis, I'm guessing that's ribs and fries? Not sure, could be a steak and fries, but I see some bones, either way it looks good.

Yes, it's the big end section from a rack of baby backs.
I cooked them for almost five hours and they came out perfect. I really like that method where the second step is wrapping them in foil with a liquid. It adds a couple more hours to the cooking time, but they are worth it.

Attachments

• 3racks.jpg
    3racks.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 160
my little sprog ended up having fish sticks, corn on the cob, fruit salad, and a little minestrone soup.

when dw got home, i raced out for sushi. green salads with creamy ginger dressing, a godzilla roll, tokyo roll (which the godzilla roll proceeded to stomp :)), and a sushi deluxe.

Yesterday the market had some lovely Steelhead filets, so I picked out a nice one & simply broiled it. Served it with lightly boiled broccoli florets on the side - both fish & broccoli lightly dressed with Hollandaise sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom