The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's odd that you are still both arguing over what schooling I have and what it is called.

I am an RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science-Nursing), RNAC (Nursing Assessment Coordinator), CWCN (Wound Care Nurse), RN-BC Gerontology. I am working on a Nursing Home Administrator Certification - NHA.

Or most commonly known as PF or Princess.

Last edited:
Sometimes its just the thrill of the argument.. ;)
Ross

I am not one to start an argument.

I have never know a nurse who doesn't continue with her medical education.

PF, no matter what initials you are able to place after your RN, I still love you. Even if you were the janitor who cleans up after the patient goes home.

I haven't been cooking much. Been at DD's mercy. I have a bad case of of poisin ivy. Both hands, both arms, face from just below eyes all the way down my neck. Even on my lips. Doc gave my a shot in the hip, 2 prednisoze med packs and antibiotic. Symtoms started just after thanksgiving. But I just thought it was dry, itchy skin rash, till the weeping began. I started treatment on monday and I am still so itchy but not weeping any more. Still seem to have some blisters. My skin is so tight and dry. My lips have scabs on them and feel like extreme chapped. I am so miserable. NO clue how I got ot except DD went hiking. I am badly allergic to the stuff. No one else seems to be bothered by it but me.

Tonight I asked DD to make pot roast (I will walk her through it). I need comfort food.

That sounds horrid,msm! You definitely deserve some comfort food! Hope the nasty stuff goes away quickly.

That sounds horrid,msm! You definitely deserve some comfort food! Hope the nasty stuff goes away quickly.

What Dawg said.
(((Great big, gentle, virtual hugs)))

Thank you ladies.

I called for emergency doc appt. When I got there the doc winced when looked at me. They got me out pretty quick. I also have it one other inconvient place. :blush: :angel:

Sorry, msm. I feel for you. I've had only mild reactions and have been uncomfortable. You must be terribly miserable. Time to send someone out to get you a lotion with jewelweed. Jewelweed is Mother Nature's antidote. I saw some at a naturopathic store when I stopped there yesterday to buy lavender oil for the unscented fabric softener I use on my sheets. Himself and I think of most items in a store like that as woo-woo medicine, but sometimes things like jewelweed actually help. Good luck and heal quickly.

What called for that and what the heck is that suppose to mean?? :ermm:

MsM, I'm so sorry you're suffering, sending you healing best wishes..

Thank you Kay

What called for that and what the heck is that suppose to mean?? :ermm:

He's referring to my conversation with Addie. Apparently he's one of those guys who likes to disparage women who have a disagreement, as if we're all supposed to get along all the time. I'm sure he also tells random women to smile :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He's referring to my conversation with Addie. Apparently he's one of those guys who likes to disparage women who have a disagreement, as if we're all supposed to get along all the time. I'm sure he also tells random women to smile :rolleyes:

Geeze I hate those sexist random stereotype remarks such as catty women and assertive men.

Gah..:dry:

I think it's odd that you are still both arguing over what schooling I have and what it is called.

I am an RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science-Nursing), RNAC (Nursing Assessment Coordinator), CWCN (Wound Care Nurse), RN-BC Gerontology. I am working on a Nursing Home Administrator Certification - NHA.

Or most commonly known as PF or Princess.

NHA? Really? Will you be employed as a NHA?

I haven't been cooking much. Been at DD's mercy. I have a bad case of of poisin ivy. Both hands, both arms, face from just below eyes all the way down my neck. Even on my lips. Doc gave my a shot in the hip, 2 prednisoze med packs and antibiotic. Symtoms started just after thanksgiving. But I just thought it was dry, itchy skin rash, till the weeping began. I started treatment on monday and I am still so itchy but not weeping any more. Still seem to have some blisters. My skin is so tight and dry. My lips have scabs on them and feel like extreme chapped. I am so miserable. NO clue how I got ot except DD went hiking. I am badly allergic to the stuff. No one else seems to be bothered by it but me.

Tonight I asked DD to make pot roast (I will walk her through it). I need comfort food.

I am very sensitive to poison ivy....used to be able to look at a photograph of it and get it.. Jewelweed works. I didn't know it came in a preparation. I used to grow it but it doesn't grow in the winter.

I hope you feel better soon!

Back
Top Bottom