The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to hear that your recovery and rehab are moving along smoothly. I bet, in spite of your dear DH's kitchen successes, you'll be happy to be back on your feet and playing in your kitchen soon.

I'm glad to hear that your recovery and rehab are moving along smoothly. I bet, in spite of your dear DH's kitchen successes, you'll be happy to be back on your feet and playing in your kitchen soon.
Thanks, sweetie :winkiss: Just between us ;), he's great at breakfast, but his dinner skills are more limited. He likes grilling and I've been helping a little by chopping some things, but he doesn't really like inside cooking. We'll both be happier when I'm back in the kitchen.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Makes me think twice about getting the shots.
Thank you all for your concern!

I'm much better today. I've been asking around on another forum and it seems like almost everyone has had a reaction to that vaccine, either to the first or second shot or both. I don't know why my reaction was so weird. If it hadn't been for the fingers, I don't think I'd have been nearly so miserable. That lasted for almost 10 hours.

I ended up taking a Benadryl about halfway through the day. That put me to sleep and helped me some. Then I took a second Benadryl at about 10pm and I slept through the night. Woke up this morning feeling great.

I got the shot at the Safeway pharmacy. I'll let the pharmacist know about this the next time I pick up my prescription (which might be tomorrow). I definitely would have had to go into to the ER and I would have done that if I got any sicker. We don't have any Urgent Cares open on weekends. At least, I don't think so.

But I have to say, I'd far rather get the shingles vaccine than have shingles again. I had shingles for two weeks about 11 years ago and I still have nerve damage on my face from them. If this shot prevents or even just mitigates shingles, I'm all for it!

I'm sure glad you're feeling better RT! I had the first shot, and two weeks later I got the Shingles. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but now I just can't bring myself to get the second shot. I was miserable. Souschef on the other hand, has had both the shots and other than a slightly sore arm he had no reaction.

GG, I'm really impressed with your progress. You rock girl!

Last edited:
I'm sure glad you're feeling better RT! I had the first shot, and two weeks later I got the Shingles. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but now I just can't bring myself to get the second shot. I was miserable. Souschef on the other hand, has had both the shots and other than a slightly sore arm he had no reaction.

GG, I'm really impressed with your progress. You rock girl!

:eek: :ohmy: :unhappy:
I can't say as I blame you.

So, the eye drop saga continues. I got a new 'script for eye drops and it made my eyes red and all the skin around my eyes was irritated, puffy, and red. So, I phoned the ophthalmologist and got new 'scripts. I started the second one two days ago. Today I woke up with itchy eyes and the red, irritated skin around one eye. I am getting so tired of this. I tried gooping up all the skin around my eyes with Vaseline, because I figured it was the drops oozing out from between my eyelids that might be causing the problem, but my eyes are still itchy and the skin is still red and irritated. I think this problem might have to do with my small, Asian eyes. I might need smaller drops, but I'm not even sure that is possible.

I was going to ask how she was doing. I've been in a funk lately and haven't felt like engaging much with anyone but it's slowly getting better.
I'm sorry to tell you that she passed away a few months ago. I'm glad you reached out, though. I hope we'll see more of you [emoji2]

I'm sorry to tell you that she passed away a few months ago. I'm glad you reached out, though. I hope we'll see more of you [emoji2]

Thanks so much for letting me know. I had heard about her son but not about her. Is there a thread about it that I can go to? I could tell from her last few posts that she wasn't feeling the best.

:(:(:(

Thanks so much for letting me know. I had heard about her son but not about her. Is there a thread about it that I can go to? I could tell from her last few posts that she wasn't feeling the best.

:(:(:(

There is also a tribute on Facebook to her, written by her son.

https://www.facebook.com/gregory.raines/posts/10157428975598735

Thanksgiving sure wasn’t what I had planned. Sigh.

Tues. morning my A-Fib came back with a vengeance after two years, and we made our way to the ER with my heart rate at 180 bpm. They performed a cardio version in the ER, and after two shocks, it didn’t work. They admitted me with heavy doses of heart calming drugs and the next morning gave me another cardio version, and it put the heart back into normal rhythm. My family all came to see me in the hospital and after several hours I was allowed to go home. Cooking or going to son’s house for Thanksgiving the next day was out of the question, so SC got our holiday dinner from the Honey Baked Ham store. Thank goodness they had a nice Turkey dinner, and it was pretty good. I was just glad to be home and after dinner we were watching a good movie when at 10pm my heart started going bonkers again. This time we called an ambulance and SC rode in the front seat. The hospital is about a 20 min. drive from our home, and it was really scary for both of us. The ER again put me on powerful drugs by way of getting a line started again (that’s another story) and again admitted me to the hospital. SC had to wait outside for an hour waiting for a “Lyft” ride home at 2am. They finally got me into a room at 4am and performed another cardio version around 9am. Thankfully I was back in normal rhythm once again, but kept me overnight this time for observation. I was sent home yesterday (Sun.) with lots of changes to all my home medications. I’m feeling weak, but pretty good, all things considered. “God willing, and the creek don’t rise” I have an office appointment with my Cardiologist Thurs. morning.
Sorry this is so long but it was good for me to write it all down to clear my head.

:ohmy: Big hugs to you, Kay! What a scary experience for both you and Souschef. I was wondering where you were the past few days. Thank you for your post, and will sure be sending healing thoughts and vibes to you. :wub:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom