The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would anyone like a free husband? Himself is still a miserable pile of mucus. Goober is staying away...and quite possibly eating garlic! :LOL: Loverly headed over to her guy friend's house "just to drop something off" and didn't come back for five hours. Me? I hid in the kitchen making candy. Methinks the poor guy will be staying home by himself for Christmas day...:cry:

You don't think I'm going to stay around to get sick, do you? Nope, I'm getting out of Dodge, too. :LOL: I love him - I really do.

Hey girl, it could be worse, and it was. Remember last year when he got his "Christmas creeping crud" before you could leave and get home for Christmas?

Sorry you're still having back issues Taxi. Have you considered Acupuncture?

I haven't been on in a while because I've been dealing with atrial flutter for the past month. It's been a wild ride. One day I saw my ortho doc to see about my knee pain. We decided on Euflexxa injections. The next day I saw my primary doc for my semi annual blood work check up. My pulse was 140!! So a simple appointment turned into something else. EKG, echocardiogram scheduled, new meds. Unfortunately the meds did NOT work at all. 3 weeks later, I can't function. Lightheaded, dizzy, short of breath with a lump in my throat. To the ER and got some wonderful IV drugs that got my heart rate down to 60 from 140. New meds prescribed. 4 days later, nearly the same symptoms. Back to the ER where they tried the IV drugs again without much change. Admission time! Spent the weekend in the hospital and got cardioversion done Monday. Stayed home Tuesday and saw the arrhythmia cardiologist. Planning surgery for Jan. to permanently fix this. I've been feeling lots better since they shocked my heart back to normal. Didn't realize how bad I had been feeling until I started feeling well! Lots of new meds for the time being but hope to reduce those after surgery. Thankful to still be here and have the energy for the Christmas season!

I don't know how I didn't see this until now Jabbur, but it turns out we have a lot in common. I also had a recent cardioversion and my heart was shocked back into normal rhythm. It's so true that feeling lousy seemed normal until the shock of feeling better.
You are planning an ablation in Jan, or some other procedure? I'm not clear what you mean by the surgery part. I've chosen to opt out of the recommended ablation procedure for now, and see if the shock treatment holds.
Best of luck, and keep us informed. :flowers:

jabbur, glad to read that the doctors got you propped up for the holidays. Good luck with your surgery next month. Please keep us updated on how you're progressing so we don't worry, 'kay?

Kayelle, FWIW, the manager of the Cleveland Indians baseball team had an ablation this past summer, right in the middle of baseball season. From was I can remember, his down time from when he went in to when he returned to doing his managing job was no longer than two weeks. And he felt great! Just saying if you end up having to go that way, it sounds like it provides serious relief.

Besides my normal chronic fatigue and pain, I survived both my asthma attack of two weeks ago and the prednisone and other steroids I had to take for it. Now the wheeze-cough is back and I am out of breath again. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want this. I especially don't want another trip to the ER, which I need to do when it gets bad.

On top of that, I still have an infected heel. the one crack cleared up only to have another open up and infect. While favouring the heel, I pulled muscles in my calf and on Christmas Eve I cracked my big toe on the same foot trying to stop myself from falling from a quick dizzy spell. Oh, and that is my normally "good" leg :LOL:

At least I can laugh about it.

Thanks, Taxy! And I love that phrase (god bedring).

I am feeling a bit better tonight, but after getting 10 hours of sleep last night, it looks like I am back to my struggle to get to sleep at all. I am still coughing but at least my foot is a lot better. I was able to put a shoe on to go see a movie (The greatest Showman, loved it!).

Remember I did something to my back, back in October. Well, I'm still dealing with that. It doesn't hurt anymore unless I sit up with no back rest for too long or stand up for more than about five minutes. I have started physiotherapy. I have been camping out in the bedroom with occasional visits downstairs. Stirling has been taking wonderful care of me. Yes, I have my laptop in bed with me.
Did you get diagnosed for the specific cause of your pain?

Thanks, Taxy! And I love that phrase (god bedring).

I am feeling a bit better tonight, but after getting 10 hours of sleep last night, it looks like I am back to my struggle to get to sleep at all. I am still coughing but at least my foot is a lot better. I was able to put a shoe on to go see a movie (The greatest Showman, loved it!).
Aw phooey about the sleep. I'm glad you got a chance to go out and enjoy a movie.

To hear what "god bedring" sounds like in Danish, go to https://translate.google.ca/#da/en/god bedring and click the speaker. I bet you will be surprised.

Aw phooey about the sleep. I'm glad you got a chance to go out and enjoy a movie.

To hear what "god bedring" sounds like in Danish, go to https://translate.google.ca/#da/en/god bedring and click the speaker. I bet you will be surprised.
Wow, that is interesting! I love languages and wish I had stuck with learning them. Even my French is rusty and I was fluent in my university days and time with the government.

I am so sorry to hear about your back troubles. I, as much as anyone can empathize. I hope you get some relief soon. You need my physio. He does wonders for my back and neck. He is trained in massage, medical acupuncture, physio and water therapy.

I am trying to sit here and stay calm. Tomorrow I go see the Vascular Surgeon. Do I come home with my leg tomorrow, do I get admitted for amputation or will he plan on another skin graft? I am facing tomorrow with great trepidation.

I do know I am tired on being in bed.

(((Hugs))) and good luck Addie.

Thank you tl. I realized about an hour ago, that this is the first pain free day I have had all week. That is a good sign.

Tomorrow while I am at the doctor's office, they will be delivering my hospital bed. It will make it easier for me to get in and out of bed and for the nurses who take care of me less bending. I am looking forward to having it.

Last edited:
Dang it Taxi, are you contagious? I'm here to make a gripe about my back. Needing a cane to get as far as the bathroom. I have no idea what happened, but stepping on my left leg nearly make me yelp. Bummer...

Dang it Taxi, are you contagious? I'm here to make a gripe about my back. Needing a cane to get as far as the bathroom. I have no idea what happened, but stepping on my left leg nearly make me yelp. Bummer...
Oh noes! Contagious across the internet is a scary thought. I hope your back gets better quickly. (((Gentle hugs)))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom