Tuesday 12/13/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I was baking today and hands are screaming. I have no clue what to make for dinner.

The condominium board is going out for our Christmas dinner tonight. SO will be on her own.

No clue. Baked all afternoon and am thinking stir fry. Depends on when my Dad gets home from curling and how hungry he is. Maybe cookies and milk...

Individual homemade turkey pot pies. I discovered we didn't have enough butter thawed to make the pastry dough earlier today so I used lard for half of the shortening. I always forget how flaky and tender it makes the crust.

37240-albums1041-picture6763.jpg

37240-albums1041-picture6764.jpg

Rotini and tomato sauce was dinner. I baked chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate macadamia white chocolate chip cookies. SOOOOOOOOOOO DESSERT tonight!! :innocent:

Individual homemade turkey pot pies. I discovered we didn't have enough butter thawed to make the pastry dough earlier today so I used lard for half of the shortening. I always forget how flaky and tender it makes the crust.

37240-albums1041-picture6763.jpg

37240-albums1041-picture6764.jpg
Beautiful!! I love making mini pot pies.

There you are, Zhizara! Missed you!

Hot dogs sound really good, though I'd have to dig them out of our neighbor's freezer since ours bit the dust.

Busy day at work today. Nothing in the fridge so I made a pasta with smoked salmon I got out of the freezer( did it a few months ago), frozen peas, wine, garlic, frozen cube of pesto and coffee cream. After a couple glasses of wine it tasted pretty friggin' good!:wacko:

Broccoli and Three Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Shells. Found the recipe on the pkg and it is fantastic.

Hate to admit but ate more than 1/2 the reicpe during the day. Finally got the rest into the freezer or I would still probably be nibbling on it.

Thanks guys. They were really good. We have 3 left, which will probably be breakfast for us in the morning. I accidentally let the roux for the gravy/sauce part go to a light to medium brown, instead of the blonde I usually make. It was a fortuitous accident. I'll be going to a light to medium brown from now on as it added a good bit of flavor to the gravy/sauce part and just made a richer color at the end.

Oh no, RF....:( You're braver than I would be to even come to this thread, knowing I couldn't eat. Best wishes to you and hopefully you can pig out tomorrow. :)

Medtran, what a delicious looking pot pie! That crust is just beautiful.

I've been slacking on posting dinners that are more than just a few words, (let alone food pics) for so long now. Tonight was no different. :LOL:

No particular reason...just trying to use up stuff in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. Tonight's dinner was a use-up-what's-in-the-veggie-bin omelet, and hash browns. :yum:

Broccoli and Three Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Shells. Found the recipe on the pkg and it is fantastic.

Hate to admit but ate more than 1/2 the reicpe during the day. Finally got the rest into the freezer or I would still probably be nibbling on it.

YUM...sounds delicious! I would have the leftovers for breakfast. :yum:

I made a pot of veggie beef soup today. Yes, I just made this a few weeks ago, thought it was so good I should make a new pot. Yep. It's still good. Hit's the spot for this frigid weather too.

Back
Top Bottom