Wed. Jan. 18 What's On The Table Mabel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
My cold is better, not gone but better. We've scarfed all the chili and pizza from the weekend so I guess I'd better cook. I've got chicken fried steaks cooking. We'll have mashed taters and gravy and green beans.

Nice pics, Andy and Rock! Yumm!

We're doing breakfast for dinner too.

Heirloom tomato sandwich with imported Mortadella with pistachios and pepper corns. Had to pick out the pepper corns though. Don't agree with me. But the flavor was there. Also trimmed of the crusts. Glass of ice cold milk. :yum:

Last edited:
I made a big crock pot of 3-bean chili and my 2nd attempt at cornbread. This one was WAY better than the last.

I',m sitting on pins and needles to find out what this container is!:LOL:

"Hey Maw, what's fer suppy."
"Danged if I know. Open that container. If it is red, we eat. Green and fuzzy, tell yer Paw to go out and shoot somethin;" :yum:

Andy M. said:
This is what lunch looked like. With a little luck, dinner will look as good.

That looks great Andy. I wish my grandson was here to make a pizza with me. Actually DH will be bringing home tamales for tonight.

I',m sitting on pins and needles to find out what this container is!:LOL:

I'll bet you are... :LOL:
It's dinner! :clap:
It's this

I think I'll make a BLT to go along with it here shortly. I bought 5 lbs of bacon yesterday for 1.39/lb and want to turn it over to quality control so I know what I can use it for :chef:

BTW, CW, do you have your cabbage roll soup recipe posted here anywhere? I'd love to give that a go sometime.

Chicken and Noodle Soup with two slices of dry toast. Still fighting a stomach thing, doesn't appear to be contagious, I hope it's not my diabetes medication.

I'll bet you are... :LOL:
It's dinner! :clap:
It's this

I think I'll make a BLT to go along with it here shortly. I bought 5 lbs of bacon yesterday for 1.39/lb and want to turn it over to quality control so I know what I can use it for :chef:

BTW, CW, do you have your cabbage roll soup recipe posted here anywhere? I'd love to give that a go sometime.

Little Smokies...are you going to get yourself a Sharpie so you can mark things next time???:LOL:

I brought that tax return to the Post Office and sent it off XpressPost. I went shopping at Mourelatos (small Greek supermarket chain) and Health Tree (local health food store) and picked up some karnatzel at Yagel Bagel (local deli).

So, when I got home, the plan of making cumin beef was out the door. Too pooped. So, we ordered from Mr. Falafel. I should have taken pictures. It just smelled so good, we could hardly wait to dig in.

We had one combo (beef and chicken from the gyro) platter and a falafel platter. There was your everyday green salad of tomatoes and iceberg lettuce. (I once asked if the salad dressing was homemade. "No, restaurant made.") There was rice and roast potatoes, pickled turnips, tabouli, pickled peppers, pita, humus, and aioli. I ate too much. So did DH. There is a bit left that went in the fridge for snacking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom