What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm baking wholewheat bread today(trying a new recipe from allrecipes.com),and a chocolate chip,banana and yogurt layer cake which is one of my family's all time favorite desserts,its in the oven right now,will be making chocolate cream cheese frosting to go with it!

What type of chocolate do you use in your chocolate cream cheese icing?

Been craving pie something serious lately. So today I made peach pie. I made 2 small ones hopefully one will make it to the freezer to be eaten later on, that way I am not eating pie all weekend, :LOL: Not like that is a bad thing, except what it would do when I jump on the scales!

SG1L0204.JPG

They look perfect!

Jus made zucchini muffins. Later making Choc chip cookie Brownie for husband & apple crisp for kids for desert tonight

Today is "bread baking" day. I've been trying to reprogram myself to do the baking and things that use a lot of oven time on the weekends (we're on "time of use" electricity now). By working the hours the team in Poland works, I can be done with my work day and only use one hour of peak power instead of 5. So far today--loaf of whole wheat bread. I have 60% whole wheat kaiser rolls on the go right now. Hope to make some pita pockets and some tortillas. That will give me some variety and I can put the rolls, pitas, and tortillas in the freezer. I am also going to grill some chicken breasts so that I can have chicken salad wraps or pitas or on a kaiser roll during the week. In between, we're getting the last of the garden in.

Kaiser rolls are out of the oven. Appearance wise, they are the nicest looking ones I've made. I don't have a kaiser cutter, so I fold them the old fashioned way (I tried the knot-and-tuck method metioned on the King Arthur web site--I didn't like it as well as the -pinwheel folding method. Now to pop the pita bread in the oven. Then it's nap time. Decided the tortillas can be next weekend's Saturday afternoon cooking adventure. Wish I had a card for my camera so I could share the kaisers with you. Oh, I didn't use poppy or sesame seeds. When I flipped them to raise, I sprinkle some coarse sea salt on the parchment paper. I was thinking "big, baked pretzel" for my burgers...

Just finished a batch of whole wheat flour choc chippers. Makes for a little bit less guilt. Love them cookies! :wub:

I love baking too and wish I could bake something every single day! Today I am making the time to bake up some yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom